Registered users, access My Front Page here.
Posts last viewed by the most (signed in) DPers in...
The Last 10 Minutes
- (5) Who is Americas #1 racist? 11/28/14
- (4) Cops Beat Man, 7-Month Pregnant Wife then Deleted the Video…But it Survived on the Cloud! 11/28/14
- (4) Harvard windbag proposes to confiscate your kids’ piggy bank and any green stuff that may be left in your wallet. 11/28/14
- (4) New York State blocks free medical services at event 11/28/14
- (3) Best Way Forward On 9/11? 11/28/14
- (3) CIA Asset Susan Lindauer, swears under oath, she knew about 9/11 in April 2001 08/31/12
- (3) The first use of "V for Vendetta" masks in the liberty movement... 11/27/14
- (3) FBI raids Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office-Search For Files on Deputy-Involved Shootings, Brutality 11/28/14
- (3) "Capitalism is one of many systems of oppression" 11/28/14
- (2) SPIEGEL: "For God's Sake, Please Stop the Aid!"—Interview with African Economics Expert 11/26/14
- (1) Ferguson Riots are an American disgrace 11/26/14
- (1) The All-Too-Familiar Tune 07/17/14
- (1) Peace Gold Love | Politics Gold Liberty 06/03/07
- (1) Argument For Brightly Colored "Fake" Guns Foiled By A Man With A Banana 11/28/14
- (1) GALLUP: Obama Approval Plunges With Working-class Whites To 27 Percent 11/27/14
The Last Hour
Who knows the answer?? I'll give you a hint, it did not have to do with the Ron Paul presidential bid...
I was associated as a supporter of the "movement" having been an "illegal tax protester" pretty much all of my life (something about slavery just irks me, even the economical type).
Give up?? Ok, it was Bob Schultz of "We The People Foundation" used the entire V costume on November 6th, 2006 to protest the unconstitutional income (slavery) tax.
You have to watch this
I frequently purchase prepaid gift cards. Anything from local grocery to the Visa or Mastercard. I stopped using banks and I like to use them when going out or traveling.
I purchased several in September for a trip I went on. Tonight I went to Walgreens to get a friend a birthday card, a store gift card and a prepaid Visa card.
On the card rack there was a sign saying 'cash only'. I thought that was different. I had never seen that before. No problem, I brought plenty of cash. That was how I planned on paying.
I found this today on my travels over the vast wastelands of the Internet. They are the words of President Lincoln, set down in pen and ink by William H. Seward, the Secretary of State and digitized now for the world to see.
It shows how politically savvy Lincoln was. In a time of war amongst his people, he commanded all to bow down and humble ourselves before God.
It just goes to show that Abraham Lincoln was indeed the original Conservative Republican.
- - -
October 3, 1863
By the President of the United States of America.
The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies.
To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God.
In the midst of a civil war of unequaled magnitude and severity,, which has sometimes seemed to foreign States to invite and to provoke their aggression, peace has been preserved with all nations, order has been maintained, the laws have been respected and obeyed, and harmony has prevailed everywhere except in the theatre of military conflict; while that theatre has been greatly contracted by the advancing armies and navies of the Union.
Posted 27 August 2005 by SPIEGEL
The Kenyan economics expert James Shikwati, 35, says that aid to Africa does more harm than good. The avid proponent of globalization spoke with SPIEGEL about the disastrous effects of Western development policy in Africa, corrupt rulers, and the tendency to overstate the AIDS problem.
SPIEGEL: Mr. Shikwati, the G8 summit at Gleneagles is about to beef up the development aid for Africa...
Shikwati: ... for God's sake, please just stop.
SPIEGEL: Stop? The industrialized nations of the West want to eliminate hunger and poverty.
Shikwati: Such intentions have been damaging our continent for the past 40 years. If the industrial nations really want to help the Africans, they should finally terminate this awful aid. The countries that have collected the most development aid are also the ones that are in the worst shape. Despite the billions that have poured in to Africa, the continent remains poor.
SPIEGEL: Do you have an explanation for this paradox?
Tweet of the day:
Instead of pardoning turkeys, can we pardon whistleblowers and non-violent drug offenders?
GALLUP: Obama Approval Plunges With Working-class Whites To 27 Percent
by WYNTON HALL 26 Nov 2014
A new Gallup poll finds that President Barack Obama's approval rating with working-class white Americans has fallen to just 27 percent, a record-low for his presidency.
Among whites who've graduated college, Obama's approval stands at 41%, also a new low in the Gallup poll. (See graph below)
Guardian: Ron Paul and other gold bugs keep fingers crossed for Swiss vote that could add $50 to price of goldSubmitted by Smaulgld.com on Wed, 11/26/2014 - 19:50
Ron Paul and other gold bugs keep fingers crossed for Swiss vote that could add $50 to price of gold
The Save Our Swiss Gold vote that would require the Swiss National Bank to repatriate its gold, keep 20% of its reserves in gold and ban further gold sales is up for a vote November 30.
Ron Paul says: “In my view point we always win if we can get the discussion out.”
I am a seriously blessed woman.
1. Let me begin with DPs #1 user. I have met him once, about a 30 second conversation at the 2008 RNC. Still, if I were "Time Magazine" I would have to pick him as the most influential person in my life these days. Yep, over Ron Paul. Ron brought me to the party, but it was Nystrom who booked the venue and kept the party rolling long after the clock struck midnight. Thanks again, Mr. Nystrom, for this charming pub where tin hats are all the fashion rage!
I have a very large extended family on both sides, and this year we were fortunate enough to have 26 people home for the holiday. We had our Thanksgiving celebration out at my cousins who has a huge farmhouse, and I offered to bake the pie. When the planning started and I volunteered to bake the pie (notice that is singular), the estimate was about 10 people so I said I would do peanut butter chocolate pie which I did here.
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) attended a lunch with influential members of the Jewish community hosted by former Democratic Leadership Council chairman and mega-philanthropist Michael Steinhardt, according to the New York Observer.
After listening to concerns that his association with the tea party movement could potentially wreak havoc on his prospects should he run for president in 2016, Cruz blamed the media for inventing "a new caricature" that portrays him and some Republicans as "crazy."