Registered users, access My Front Page here.
Posts last viewed by the most (signed in) DPers in...
The Last 10 Minutes
- (4) Breastfed, Homebirthed Babies Taken Away From Parents For Not Using Hospital 11/27/14
- (4) Let's fly a message over Ferguson! 11/26/14
- (3) Deputies said (Channing) pointed the fruit at them while crossing a street...said they feared for their lives. 11/27/14
- (3) Not Long From Now 11/26/14
- (3) What it took to get H. Clinton to speak at UCLA: Hummus, $300K, fruit, a new podium, a special cushion 11/27/14
- (2) What Does Jeb Bush do for a Living? 11/26/14
- (2) High Noon 11/26/14
- (2) "Historic First" - U.S. Army (in Europe) has new chief of staff: a German general 11/27/14
- (2) Why Men Need To Cheat 11/24/14
- (2) My Four Thanksgiving Pies Shared With You Guys 11/27/14
- (2) Norway Citizens: Oil Millionaires 11/27/14
- (1) Guardian: Ron Paul and other gold bugs keep fingers crossed for Swiss vote that could add $50 to price of gold 11/26/14
- (1) Daily Dose of Ferguson Keeps Amnesty Executive Orders Off the Front Page. 11/26/14
- (1) Time For My Nightly Jam Session II 06/11/14
- (1) Peace on earth 11/27/14
The Last Hour
I am a seriously blessed woman.
1. Let me begin with DPs #1 user. I have met him once, about a 30 second conversation at the 2008 RNC. Still, if I were "Time Magazine" I would have to pick him as the most influential person in my life these days. Yep, over Ron Paul. Ron brought me to the party, but it was Nystrom who booked the venue and kept the party rolling long after the clock struck midnight. Thanks again, Mr. Nystrom, for this charming pub where tin hats are all the fashion rage!
A distraction. You would think we would all be used to it by now.
But these distractions are so overwhelming, so "important", so craved by the American public, that we MUST watch them, we MUST critique them, we MUST "understand" what happened. You are programmed to think you want to know until a week, two weeks later and then, wait a minute, what about that amnesty issue?
Too late. That's old news, isn't it?
Something else comes down the line to distract.
We need something to get us to the football playoffs and the holiday season so here it is. An event that was, really, a non-event. According to witness testimony the homicide was justified. Was it?
Eric Holder will now take his turn at the podium for Chapter 2 as the amnesty issue must REALLY be ignored for awhile longer.
What about those 12 million illegal immigrants that just got added to the welfare roles, MSM?
Let's fly this message (or a similar message) behind a plane and over the city of Ferguson ASAP.
"Ferguson: Want to reduce crime and police brutality? Practice Open Carry!"
There are a few reasons I think we should do this...
- It is good advice for the people of Ferguson AND for communities that have a problem with high rates of crime and/or police brutality.
- It puts us in control of, or at least inserts us into, the Ferguson debate.
- It would get a lot of attention from the media (probably national) and from the people of Ferguson.
Happy Thanksgiving Daily Paul family!
Let Love vibes flow...
Here is a cartoon to place some smiles on your faces:
AUSTIN -- Police officers across the state will no longer be able to draw the blood of DWI suspects without a warrant the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals ruled Wednesday.
Not Long From Now
Not long from now she’ll ask me,
While sitting on my knee,
About the ringing of the Bell again,
And the revival of liberty.
Then I’ll tell her of the rise,
Of Leviathan and his lies,
Of how we woke up again,
And tyranny’s demise.
I’ll tell her about our movement started by Ron Paul,
And about the oppressor and how we made him fall,
I’ll tell her how we stood tall again,
While responding to the call.
And the ringing of the Bell again,
Proclaiming liberty to all.
Copyright 2014 by Edward Moran
"First, let’s examine the reasons for these class-based poll results. The view in Switzerland is that a gold backed Swiss franc would be more valuable, and a more valuable franc would increase the purchasing power of wage earners, thus reducing their living costs. For the wealthy stock owners, a stronger franc would reduce Swiss exports, and less exports would reduce stock prices and the wealth of the wealthy.
The vote is clearly a vote about income shares between the rich and the poor. The Swiss establishment opposes the gold-backed franc, as does Washington."
Posted 27 August 2005 by SPIEGEL
The Kenyan economics expert James Shikwati, 35, says that aid to Africa does more harm than good. The avid proponent of globalization spoke with SPIEGEL about the disastrous effects of Western development policy in Africa, corrupt rulers, and the tendency to overstate the AIDS problem.
SPIEGEL: Mr. Shikwati, the G8 summit at Gleneagles is about to beef up the development aid for Africa...
Shikwati: ... for God's sake, please just stop.
SPIEGEL: Stop? The industrialized nations of the West want to eliminate hunger and poverty.
Shikwati: Such intentions have been damaging our continent for the past 40 years. If the industrial nations really want to help the Africans, they should finally terminate this awful aid. The countries that have collected the most development aid are also the ones that are in the worst shape. Despite the billions that have poured in to Africa, the continent remains poor.
SPIEGEL: Do you have an explanation for this paradox?
Bush, the former governor of Florida, has four businesses registered to the same address in the Miami suburb of Coral Gables that don’t appear to have conducted any business anywhere, according to an investigation by ThinkProgress. Bush also has a consulting firm, Jeb Bush & Associates, registered to that address.
But while the four companies’ purpose is a mystery, Bush’s other activities have been more public. Some of his business ties are with companies that might give him some of the same problems faced by Mitt Romney in his 2012 quest for the White House. Another company based at his Coral Gables office, Britton Hill Holdings, has a private equity deal with a Chinese company to acquire a firm involved in shale oil and gas shipping, according to Bloomberg.
All three of their babies have been taken away from them and placed in the care of strangers. Levi was 10 months old when his mother, local singer and songwriter Erica May Rengo, gave birth to his twin brother and sister, at their home in Bellingham, Washington.
“Our birth was glorious,” she said, and the twins were reportedly healthy, full-term babies, who had no problem quickly figuring out how to breastfeed. The little family was overjoyed until CPS stepped in to “help.”
I recently graduated college with a master's degree in engineering. I have recently discovered that many of the places I have been hoping to work for have recently become "tobacco free", meaning no smoking on the premises. The irony is that the tobacco free clause is usually included in the same policy section with the equal opportunity and anti-discrimination clauses. Unfortunately, my experience and interest is in research and development, but this seems to be the area most affected by these policies.
Tweet of the day:
Instead of pardoning turkeys, can we pardon whistleblowers and non-violent drug offenders?