Registered users, access My Front Page here.
I thought I'd create a thread so we can all keep up on how things turn out in Scotland.
Scottish independence: Voting under way in referendum
Scotland goes to the polls over independence
People in Scotland are voting on whether the country should stay in the UK or become an independent nation.
Voters will answer 'Yes' or 'No' to the referendum question: 'Should Scotland be an independent country?'
With 4,285,323 people - 97% of the electorate - registered to vote, it is expected to be the busiest day in Scottish electoral history.
Votes will be cast at 5,579 polling stations until 22:00 on Thursday. The result is expected on Friday morning.
Update: Yougov exit poll of sorts/final poll in last 30 min
Posts last viewed by the most (signed in) DPers in...
The Last 10 Minutes
- (4) Shocking! The Real Edward Snowden - You Will Not Believe This 06/17/13
- (3) Scotland Election Watch - 54% No, 46% Yes 09/18/14
- (2) Randall H. Paul Debunked (And Daily Paul Propandagandists Badonkadonked) 09/03/12
- (2) 2,000 people read my account of how 9/11 went down in the defense contractors office 09/18/14
- (2) VIDEO: Sen. Rand Paul Argues Against U.S. Arming Syrian Rebels on Senate Floor - 9/18/14 09/18/14
- (1) Haven't vetted the source but this is suppossedly new video footage of the Pentagon being hit on 9/11/01 09/16/14
- (1) ANOTHER building collapse...9/12/14. Did you hear about this? 09/18/14
- (1) McCain attempts to swipe back at Rand Paul over ISIS gaffe, FOX audience not having it 09/17/14
- (1) Anyone Else Excited by Year-Low Silver? 09/11/14
- (1) Mike Tyson Goes OFF On Canadian Interviewer 09/18/14
- (1) Cenk Uygur Would ‘Lay Money on Rand Paul Being the Next President’ 09/16/14
- (1) I made the funny papers - letter-to-the-editor 9/18/14 09/18/14
- (1) Ben Swann New Video - Truth in Media: Feds Says Cannabis Is Not Medicine While Holding The Patent on Cannabis as Medicine 09/16/14
- (1) Dude, where's my cash? 09/18/14
- (1) Turns out PA Cop shooter "survivalist" is a left-wing loon 09/17/14
The Last Hour
VIDEO: Sen. Rand Paul Argues Against U.S. Arming Syrian Rebels on Senate Floor - 9/18/14
Scooped AJ, they did.
Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky called the plan “ludicrous” on the Senate floor before the vote.
“No one knows where these arms are going to wind up … We don’t even know who these groups are.”
Paul — known for his non-interventionist approach — said “we need to stay the heck out of their civil war … It is their war and they need to fight it.”
Missing Money: Uncle Sam’s Accounting is Suspect
With all the horrible things going on in the world, it is not only good to find time to laugh, but also healthy. So I thought I would start a post and ask all of you, what is a scene from a movie, tv show, stand up, or even radio moment that made you laugh so hard, you thought you might pee yourself (or close to it). I'll start with some of mine.
Please don't just watch the video! When you've finished watching, head over here - http://benswann.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/10StepsAfterW...
And follow those 10 steps to help spread liberty!!
Here is the published article regarding US radicalization:
Here is the original post I made about this article:
I made the funny papers again!
Peace and Love always.
Ben Swann New Video - Truth in Media: Feds Says Cannabis Is Not Medicine While Holding The Patent on Cannabis as MedicineSubmitted by USA 2012 on Tue, 09/16/2014 - 13:00
Published on Sep 16, 2014
For those who believe in marijuana and cannabis freedom, the future has never been brighter. Right now there is an awakening to the benefits of cannabis for medicinal purposes, specifically something called CBD oil. But is the new CBD craze being manipulated by media and politicians? If it weren’t we wouldn’t need to do a show about it.
The first step toward truth is to be informed.
Take Action: View the "Activate" Plan at the end of the story
Former Rep. Ron Paul’s push to audit the Federal Reserve got another boost Wednesday when the House passed the bill for the second time in three years, and by a bigger margin than before.
The bill, now sponsored by Rep. Paul Broun, Georgia Republican, was approved on a 333-92 vote, with all but one Republican and 106 Democrats in favor of it. That’s a major jump from last time, when a majority of Democrats voted against it.
I would just like to share a few of my observations from my recent trip to Russia (Moscow and vicinity). These are simply my observations and thoughts and by no means is this an in-depth report/comparison of the US/Russian political systems or societies. We all know that any country has its own unique problems.
That being said, it was eye-opening and even scary to view firsthand the differences between our nations at this point in time. What I saw was in stark contrast to the way Russia is depicted in our media. This being my first trip to Russia, I did not know what to expect.
Arrival (SVO Airport)
1. Entered immigration, NO armed officers, just the average immigration workers. I walked up to a friendly and smiling lady, she stamped my passport and waved me on.
2. Wow, that was easy, I thought, surely customs would be more like the U.S. I approached the customs section, had nothing to declare, I started to take my backpack off to show to the official, but she didn't seem to think I required extra scrutiny and waved me through.
3. That was it, in 10 minutes I was let loose in the "Evil Russian" empire.
4. I walked through the airport, searching for armed police/paramilitary, but I couldn't find any! I saw maybe 1 armed police officer in the airport. Very strange.
5. Maybe it was halftime in the war on terror in Russia. There were no stupid "threat level" announcements or battalions of TSA workers...just a chill airport like you might have seen here in the 60s.
During my stay:
1. I can't stress enough how CLEAN and ornate Moscow is, I was blown away. It was expensive though.
by Josh Feldman
September 15th, 2014
The Young Turks’ Cenk Uygur rarely has kind words for Republicans, but on Monday he said he would be willing to bet money that Rand Paul would beat Hillary Clinton and win the presidency in 2016.
Uygur credited Paul as a “voice of reason” on fighting ISIS, in contrast to Clinton’s hawkishness. He agreed that “our invasion of Iraq in the first place and all of the other bombings we’ve done in the Middle East… has in fact led to the rise of ISIS.”
He had his green flight suit on and when he got close to me, I leaned toward his ear and said...hey man...just so you know, none of us want you guys to go off to fight yet another war for the bankers.
He smiled and said "Thank You!"
I didn't expect him to say that so it caught me a little off guard and so I replied..."so you know that all these damn wars are for the international bankers?" He smiled at me again and said..."Oh yeah, we know...BELEIVE ME...We Know!"
It was my time to head off to the teller so I just said something like...that's great or that's excellent...and walked away.
When I got back to my car I was telling my wife about the conversation I just had with the young fighter pilot. She said, I bet he loved your shirt...I had completely forgotten that I had on one of my Ron Paul Revolution T-Shirts.
Regardless, it made my day!