Registered users, access My Front Page here.
Posts last viewed by the most (signed in) DPers in...
The Last 10 Minutes
- (8) Rand Paul breaks with Neocons on Cuba 12/18/14
- (3) VIDEO: Sen. Rand and Kelley Paul's Christmas Message for 2014 12/18/14
- (2) 10 Animals That Can Predict Disasters 12/18/14
- (2) How we, the people lost JFK, MLK, and RFK and what we got in return. 12/17/14
- (1) Here goes crazy Uncle Ron again, talking about the unsustainable policies of the Fed. What a kook! 12/18/14
- (1) Another question for the DP economics buffs! 12/17/14
- (1) Why do you believe? 08/28/14
- (1) Colleges Asked To Skip Grading Finals Because "Students of color are at risk of failing" 12/18/14
- (1) Do we finally have proof of life on Mars? 12/16/14
- (1) Why Liberty Lives in New Hampshire - Marc Clair and Mike Vine Discuss on the Lions of Liberty Podcast! 12/18/14
- (1) The Headache that Won't Go Away 12/17/14
- (1) CNBC discussing regulating the Internet due to sony thing 12/18/14
- (1) Video: Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell & Judge Andrew Napolitano Speak at Mises Conference 12/17/14
- (1) Graham Hancock on Psychedelics: This TED Talk was banned, it's the greatest one I have heard... 12/16/14
- (1) LAPD Asking the Public To Take A Quick Survey About Their New 'Cop-Cam' Program 12/18/14
The Last Hour
In the past few months, conclusive evidence has been found that Mars once had water on its surface, but one greater question remains: Was there, or is there still, life on Mars as well?
Scientists may be on the brink of answering that question with an equally conclusive 'yes', as convincing evidence has been detected by Nasa's Curiosity rover.
An instrument on the rover identified spikes of methane that scientists believe may have come from bacteria-like organisms on the surface - and it could be the first alien life ever detected....
Rand Paul has taken a potentially (temporarily) unpopular position on normalizing relations with Cuba–breaking rank with all of the neocons.
Paul told Tom Roten of News Talk 800 in West Virginia that the 50-year embargo “just hasn’t worked” and normalizing relations with the island nation is “probably a good idea.”
Tweet of the day:
On November 22, 1963 our entire country was assassinated when JFK was killed in a coup and overthrow of our Nation's highest office.
The people didn't want LBJ, we wanted JFK, but we got Johnson and WAR instead of Kennedy and PEACE and wasn't that just grand?
On April 4th, 1968 the soul of our country was assassinated when Martin Luther King was killed in Memphis by a "lone assassin", a two-bit bum, who then traversed the globe on the run. We, the people of ALL colors didn't want Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to be our spiritual guides, we wanted Martin Luther King but we got the charlatans, instead. These charlatans have become "rich" in the trappings of earthly treasures but sorely lack the richness of God.
On June 5th, 1968 our last, great hope, Bobby Kennedy was assassinated as he sat on the cusp of being elected by the people to be our next President.
I have. More times than anybody deserves.
My brother in-law was a good man. Father of two. Cared about his two boys like you wouldn't believe.
Every day we would send one text or another to each other. He would send pictures of the boys playing soccer or winning some race. Or a picture of his wife sitting across the table from him, at a restaurant or bar, having a great time. He was fairly stoic. When he enjoyed himself, you could tell by a faint smile.
He was a sports fan. He didnt have sports in his life growing up. He learned to love them when he had kids.
A friend of mine that is a police officer locally brought it to my attention that they watched a training film. He did not know where the video came from, but it was pointed directly as those that hold the Constitution as the supreme law of the land. Here is the video that was shown to represent "all" Constitutionalists.
Tweet of the day:
"the whole government is a ponzi scheme" - Bernie Madoff
VIDEO: Sen. Rand and Kelley Paul's Christmas Message for 2014
Ed Rombach is a friend, a member of 2008 Massachusetts Ron Paul delegation to the RNC, as well as a member here at the Daily Paul. I got an email yesterday from our mutual friend Jon that his daughter was involved in a horrific car accident. This is the report from Ed.
Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville, a Monroe Republican, said he held a vote on the legislation because it was the “right thing” to do...
“This has been a freebie for people for a long time,” Richardville said. “It’s not a new tax. We’ve got laws that are on the books. People have been bypassing those laws and it’s time to pay the taxes that are due. Nobody likes taxes, but if they’re owed they’re owed.”
"The United States and Cuba will start talks on normalizing full diplomatic relations, marking the most significant shift in U.S. policy toward the communist island in decades, American officials said Wednesday. The announcement comes amid a series of new confidence-building measures between the longtime foes, including the release of American Alan Gross and the freeing of three Cubans jailed in the U.S."
This is my commitment for 2015.
Séamusín's brother-in-law just passed away suddenly. I already knew of another here who had someone important suddenly pass away. From the comments in Séamusín's thread, a number of Daily Paulers have had the same thing happen.