Registered users, access My Front Page here.
Posts last viewed by the most (signed in) DPers in...
The Last 10 Minutes
- (19) forum overview 07/17/11
- (13) *Yawn* Getting tired. 09/19/14
- (7) I owe Michael Nystrom $30 09/19/14
- (6) Earth Is The Center Of Universe! New Movie States Copernicus Was Wrong! 09/19/14
- (6) Senate Passes Obama's War Resolution 78-22 - Rand Votes NO! 09/18/14
- (5) Yes, I too am tired. So very tired. 09/19/14
- (4) Delete 09/19/14
- (3) DHS Arrests, Imprisons Motorist For Invoking 5th Amendment, Deletes All His Videos (But Files Were Backed-Up!) 09/19/14
- (3) About that election in Scotland 09/19/14
- (3) Ukraine Forces Burn Swastikas Into Prisoners 09/18/14
- (3) America is running out of jobs. It's time for a universal basic income. 09/09/14
- (2) >Gold $1,215 Silver $17.85 Platinum $1,330 Palladium $810 Dollar 84.70 09/16/10
- (2) Alleged ISIS Photo Controversy Engulfs Sen. John McCain 09/19/14
- (2) FEMA shipping little old ladies to WA States to “help us out” by passing out flyers at LOWES. 09/19/14
- (2) How would you describe "waking up" or being "awake"... 09/18/14
The Last Hour
Republican Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky called the plan “ludicrous” on the Senate floor before the vote.
“No one knows where these arms are going to wind up … We don’t even know who these groups are.”
Paul — known for his non-interventionist approach — said “we need to stay the heck out of their civil war … It is their war and they need to fight it.”
I keep livestock. I take tremendous pride in giving them a very comfortable life. They have good shelter, plenty of organic food, clean water and immediate healthcare at the first sign of any illness or injury.
The government keeps taxpayers. They make a big deal of offering subsidized housing, food stamps, water treatment plants and now they even give us Obamacare.
I know why I want my animals to be content. I plan to eat them. I wonder what the government plans for taxpayers?
My view of the world has changed since I got serious about farming. I have come to suspect that the decimation of family farms in this country is because too many farmers will end up asking the same question I am asking.
(Don't worry, they are not cannibals. They just want to consume the fruits of your labors.)
Alleged ISIS Photo Controversy Engulfs Sen. John McCain
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and his aides swear the Syrian "rebels" he was pictured last year with weren’t ISIS members or supporters, and the mainstream media is by and large buying the 2008 GOP presidential nominee’s story.
But a closer look at the situation tells perhaps a different story than McCain’s office or the mainstream media have pushed.
Incredible, but not surprising in the least. I agree with the commentary on the video. Scotland had no chance of breaking free, and people in "democratic" countries only have the illusion of choice.
VIDEO: Sen. Rand Paul Argues Against U.S. Arming Syrian Rebels on Senate Floor - 9/18/14
"Believe it or not, the federal government sends free pre-rolled cannabis cigarettes to a special, but dwindling group of patients on a regular basis beginning in 1976 with Robert Randall. It all started when Robert was arrested for growing cannabis on his back deck and had to prove that this medicine was essential in to prevent his progressive loss of vision from glaucoma."
Key phrase here: "PREVENT his loss of vision."
"A variety of options are available to treat glaucoma. These include eye drops, laser procedures, and surgery. All are intended to decrease eye pressure and, thereby, protect the optic nerve."
Key phrase here: "DECREASE eye pressure..."
which DOES NOT PROTECT THE OPTIC NERVE. It merely SLOWS the progressive loss of vision. It provides an awesome income stream for the drug company and the eye doctor, as visual field testing will be performed several times a year at about $100 per test - to map the gradual loss of vision. Meanwhile, the patient will buy those drops until they die.
I devoted a career to ophthalmology, and watched helplessly as doctor after doctor prescribed drops and did surgery and patients continued to lose vision. My own father had lost a considerable portion of his visual field before he died. It is beyond frustrating to know there is a way to save the sight of these people, and the government knows it, and every ophthalmologist I worked for knows it...
He had his green flight suit on and when he got close to me, I leaned toward his ear and said...hey man...just so you know, none of us want you guys to go off to fight yet another war for the bankers.
He smiled and said "Thank You!"
I didn't expect him to say that so it caught me a little off guard and so I replied..."so you know that all these damn wars are for the international bankers?" He smiled at me again and said..."Oh yeah, we know...BELEIVE ME...We Know!"
It was my time to head off to the teller so I just said something like...that's great or that's excellent...and walked away.
When I got back to my car I was telling my wife about the conversation I just had with the young fighter pilot. She said, I bet he loved your shirt...I had completely forgotten that I had on one of my Ron Paul Revolution T-Shirts.
Regardless, it made my day!
I wanted to thank everyone who downloaded and shared 28 pages the #FREE excerpt from the first book in the SECURITY THROUGH ABSURDITY series, Little Yellow Stickies.
About 2,000 people on Sept 11, of this year, read my account of how 9/11 went down inside the defense contractor's office I used to work at.
It is currently not free, but it will be again very, very soon. (like hopefully tomorrow.) I intend for it to stay free. Always.
I will be reading this exact thing at Brown University Bookstore, on September 30th. http://www.brown.edu/campus-life/support/bookstore/events
I would just like to share a few of my observations from my recent trip to Russia (Moscow and vicinity). These are simply my observations and thoughts and by no means is this an in-depth report/comparison of the US/Russian political systems or societies. We all know that any country has its own unique problems.
That being said, it was eye-opening and even scary to view firsthand the differences between our nations at this point in time. What I saw was in stark contrast to the way Russia is depicted in our media. This being my first trip to Russia, I did not know what to expect.
Arrival (SVO Airport)
1. Entered immigration, NO armed officers, just the average immigration workers. I walked up to a friendly and smiling lady, she stamped my passport and waved me on.
2. Wow, that was easy, I thought, surely customs would be more like the U.S. I approached the customs section, had nothing to declare, I started to take my backpack off to show to the official, but she didn't seem to think I required extra scrutiny and waved me through.
3. That was it, in 10 minutes I was let loose in the "Evil Russian" empire.
4. I walked through the airport, searching for armed police/paramilitary, but I couldn't find any! I saw maybe 1 armed police officer in the airport. Very strange.
5. Maybe it was halftime in the war on terror in Russia. There were no stupid "threat level" announcements or battalions of TSA workers...just a chill airport like you might have seen here in the 60s.
During my stay:
1. I can't stress enough how CLEAN and ornate Moscow is, I was blown away. It was expensive though.
Ben Swann New Video - Truth in Media: Feds Says Cannabis Is Not Medicine While Holding The Patent on Cannabis as MedicineSubmitted by USA 2012 on Tue, 09/16/2014 - 13:00
Published on Sep 16, 2014
For those who believe in marijuana and cannabis freedom, the future has never been brighter. Right now there is an awakening to the benefits of cannabis for medicinal purposes, specifically something called CBD oil. But is the new CBD craze being manipulated by media and politicians? If it weren’t we wouldn’t need to do a show about it.
The first step toward truth is to be informed.
Take Action: View the "Activate" Plan at the end of the story
Missing Money: Uncle Sam’s Accounting is Suspect
Scooped AJ, they did.
I thought I would create a separate post on this subject to give some insight as to how HUGE this election is
The REAL Reason Britain is Freaking Out About Scottish Independence
In addition, as Max Keiser explained:
(1) The UK can now borrow cheaply using the giant Scottish oil reserves as collateral
(2) If Scotland leaves, the collateral (oil reserves) is no longer available
(3) So the cost of borrowing money for Britain skyrockets