American Militias Demonization - Militias On The Rise In US - MSNBC & CNNSubmitted by istvan32 on Thu, 08/20/2009 - 14:20
The Real Definition of Militia:
The term militia is commonly used today to refer to a military force composed of ordinary citizens to provide defense, emergency law enforcement, or paramilitary service, in times of emergency without being paid a regular salary or committed to a fixed term of service. It is a polyseme with multiple distinct but related meanings. Legal and historical meanings of militia include:
- Defense activity or service, to protect a community, its territory, property, and laws.
- The entire able-bodied population of a community, town, county, or state, available to be called to arms.
- A subset of these who may be legally penalized for failing to respond to a call-up.
- A subset of these who actually respond to a call-up, regardless of legal obligation.
- A private, non-government force, not necessarily directly supported or sanctioned by its government.
Obviously the CIA saturated cointel-pro media is going to put an evil spin on them because they are the ones who will fight for the people under tyranny.