Des Moines Register on Vote SecuritySubmitted by Michael Nystrom on Thu, 08/09/2007 - 10:49
1) Ron Paul & his supporters are not portrayed favorably:
Some Ron Paul supporters are worried that the count won't be honest and that results could be hacked or manipulated so their guy shows poorly.
Bring up the "Twilight Zone" music here. State GOP officials say some of these folks are paranoid. They say Paul is probably going to do poorly on his own, and the complaints are just an attempt to discredit and cloud what is likely to be a crummy finish.
2) Forget about that and move forward. The Campaign has advised / requested / directed that supporters STOP CALLING THE STATE GOP on this issue.
3) Read the story. They are using optical scanning machines with paper backups.
4) Work hard to get the vote out in Iowa. Let's not come out as tin-foil hat wearing paranoids as the media is already painting Ron Paul supporters.
5) That being said, be aware of the vote fraud issue. While it likely won't be an issue in the straw poll, from everything I have read , it is real - not just in Iowa but everywhere.