Forcing Primaries In Connecticut!!!Submitted by fightapathy on Fri, 05/14/2010 - 12:50
The Race to Collect 2,000 signatures is on!
With the Connecticut GOP State convention one week away, Third District Congressional candidate Jeffrey Cheney supporters are not waiting until the convention to give fellow party members a chance to choose their candidate. Neither are Fourth District's Rick Torres or Fifth District's Bill Evans.
All of these candidates have the same things in common.
1. They have been motivated by the terrible circumstances our nation faces.
2. They have been moved to action by the astonishing inaction of the incumbent Representatives.
3. They are average citizens, hard-working wages earners or business-owners.
4. But they are above average in commitment to public service, intelligence, and determination.
5. They are the new leadership; they will not sit down and take orders, but rather rally other responsible-minded freshmen and caucus with problem solvers, NOT lobby-purchased incumbents.
6. They have the support of the average party members who face the harsh reality of our present economic crisis.
7. And, they are utterly despised by Connecticut's ineffective and corrupt GOP leaders, who feel obviously threatened by the upswelling of popular and invigorated leadership from below.
Now, Jeffrey Cheney has delegates who will nominate and second his candidacy at the Convention in Hartford. That much is certain.
What is less certain is the number of delegates who have been co-opted by "Connecticut's Finest Dinner Club," otherwise known as GOP State Central.
The top echelon insiders are doing what they do best: make enemies of hard-working, enthusiastic Republican party members while advancing the consulting careers of their dinner club cadre of repeat-losers.
Because of this top-level betrayal of hundreds of thousands of Connecticut Republicans by their leaders, no chances can be taken.
2,000 signatures by registered Republicans must be collected by June 8, 2010. That's three weeks to fulfill the stringent requirements set forth by the Secretary of State for holding a primary.
If you are a Republican resident in Connecticut's THIRD DISTRICT, and care anything at all about giving yourself and your fellow party members a choice in your candidate to face off against Rosa DeLauro (the most dangerous veteran incumbent in Congress), then get in touch with Jeffrey Cheney's volunteer squad, the Cheney CRISIS MANAGEMENT TEAM, and put your pen to paper.
Even better, join up with Cheney's CRISIS MANAGEMENT TEAM and help collect signatures from all over the Third District!!
The more wide-spread and diverse the signatures, the better. It will help spread the message of citizen empowerment in party politics.
This is a critical year. Its a CRISIS year.
The sword of Damocles, a debt bubble worth more than several dozen Greeces, is hanging over our heads.
HELP US SAY NO to insider politics. Help us depower Connecticut's Best Dinner Club and tell the fat cats in Hartford, NO to corrupt, bankrupting politics as usual!
And finally... NO to ROSA DeLAURO, whose 20 years of budget-breaking votes got us in this nightmare in the FIRST place!