What Needs to Be Done
Originally posted by jonahtrainer at the Ron Paul Forums. Thread can be found here
"We need to take action. We need to expose all the county chairs in the whole USA to the ideas discussed by Ron Paul. They will bring all the other republicans with them. Here is what I propose:
1. Put together a packet on the GOP values.
a. Less Taxes
b. Less Government
c. More Personal Responsibility
d. More Individual Freedom
e. Family Empowerment
f. Strong national defense
2. Put together where Bush and the Republicans have betrayed these values
a. Inflation tax (falling dollar), sound Money, removing the IRS
b. DHS, No Child Left Behind, TSA, etc.
c. Where should we start?
d. PATRIOT Act, Military Commissions Act (no Habeas Corpus; explain what Habeas Corpus is; this will get them fired up. I will be lecturing on Habeas Corpus to my new Romney friend and his group and Romneyâ€™s talk in the debate about doubling Gitmo. He didn't even know what Habeas Corpus was!?!)
e. No Child Left Behind, home school, keeping more of our $$, etc.
3. Put together a DVD of Ron Paulâ€™s speeches that address these GOP values. The Iowa Straw Poll is an excellent speech to use. The more the better. Put in some old stuff from the 70â€™s and 80â€™s to really fan the fire. They will go â€˜Where has this guy been? How have I not heard of him?â€™ We want â€˜blowbackâ€™ against the MSM!
4. Put these sheets of paper, issues, a slim-jim and the DVD in an envelope and mail or hand deliver it to the person. Have some crafty girl write on the outside â€˜The Real Republicanâ€™ Give it a personal touch.
5. For the real adventurous: Contact the Democratic counterpart. Explain you are a Republican and you do not want them to get screwed like we did. Try to build on the common ground of the Constitution. Then give them Ron Paulâ€™s Iowa Straw poll speech for this type of person. Constitutional stuff is what we need. Deep down most Democrats have a similar feeling. We as a people, on both sides, know we have held inviolate the Constitution. Let them know the big dollars are lining up behind the Democrats (Hillary and Barack and not their honest candidates like Gravel) just like the Republicans in 2000 and 2004. Let them know this is not good for The People and they will probably get screwed like we did with Bush. Then just leave them the package if they will agree to view it."