0 votes

The danger of energy-saving light bulbs

Energy-saving light bulbs were at the centre of a fresh health scare last night after researchers claimed they can release potentially harmful amounts of mercury if broken.

Levels of toxic vapour around smashed eco-bulbs were up to 20 times higher than the safe guideline limit for an indoor area, the study said.

It added that broken bulbs posed a potential health risk to pregnant women, babies and small children.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1340938/Eco-bulbs-...



Trending on the Web