Daily Paul National Talk Radio Call In Contest: Win Some Silver!!Submitted by Jefferson2 on Thu, 02/17/2011 - 00:13
Total Prize so far: ≈ CONTEST ENDED FOR NOW
It should be painfully obvious by now that the MSM is already circling the wagons, in anticipation of Ron Paul possibly running for the Presidency. The fastest cheapest way we can counter this IMO, is to pounce on all of the talk radio radio shows, potentially reaching millions of listeners. In essence, a "We are Change" style info war, waged on the national talk radio show airways.
Talk radio is a powerful way to get the message out to potential voters, and people who are most likely to take action when it comes to affecting real change in this country. ONE person, if properly prepared, can light brushfires in millions of minds. The American Revolution was started by a tiny minority of patriots.
The reality is, that we can sit here and preach and share info with each other until we are blue in the face, but until we broaden our audience, we will not make progress. We sometimes have to get out of our comfort zones, and take a chance. Well, this is your opportunity, not only to make a difference, but to possibly win some silver in the process.
There are at least 21 oz of silver up for grabs. 8 members so far, have pledged silver to award the winners. (Canadian Maples, American Eagles,90% Coins, Philharmonics, Mysteries,)
* If someone else wants to donate silver to the pot, then that would make this contest that much more attractive. Please donate an ounce or two if you feel so inclined. It would be greatly appreciated.
Members pledging to donate so far:
Jefferson 10 oz. (5 Maples 5 Eagles)
SierraHPBT 5 oz. (90% silver coins)
Michael N. 1oz. For the "friendly" DP plug. (mystery)
Dreamline 1 oz (mystery)
Philadelphia Freedom 1oz. (mystery .999)
MMJ Ministry 1oz. (One Austrian Philharmonic .999)
ProfG 1oz. (American Eagle .999)
Mike Lawson 1oz. (Bill of Rights commemorative round from 1991)
Here is how the prizes will be divided.
1st place: 50% of total prize
2nd place: 30% of total prize
3rd place: 20% of total prize
Here are the guidelines:
- Contest will last 60 days from the date this is posted.
- One person can enter multiple call ins, to win.
- There must be at least 10 entries, or the prizes won't be given.
- The calls must be made on a national radio show.
Eligible shows include:
Program and Weekly Listeners in Millions
The Rush Limbaugh Show 15+
12 Noon and 3PM Eastern Time 1-800-282-2882
The Sean Hannity Show 14+
3-6 PM Eastern Time 1-800-941-7326
Glenn Beck Program 10+
9 am to Noon Eastern Time 1- 888-727-BECK
The Savage Nation 8.5+
6pm to 9pm Eastern Time 1-800-449-8255
The Neal Boortz Show 6+
8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Eastern Time 1-877-310-2100
The Dennis Miller Show ?
10am to 1pm Eastern Time 1-866-509-RANT 
*Note: Boortz is publicly NOT RP friendly, so I wouldn't suggest dropping RP's name. That doesn't mean that RP's IDEAS can't be discussed. Same goes for all of these guys, but Boortz especially.
Also, here is the latest list of "Talkers Magazine's Top 100" talk radio shows. http://www.talkers.com/2011hhindex.html
These shows are also eligible to call in to, and vote on.
The events in the Middle East and Europe, combined with worsening news here at home, have left the door wide open for a variety of subjects to be discussed. Egypt has left us not only with the opportunity to talk about our foreign policy, but also the money that is flying out the door, to prop up these regimes around the world. Also Ron Paul's recent win at CPAC is going to start a lot of conversation as well. We NEED to be involved in this national discussion.
Here some suggested subjects (Feel free to talk about whatever you like, just please be careful who's name you mix with what subject)
- The DIFFERENCE between non-interventionalism, and isolationism.
- Why the Federal Reserve is dangerous to our currency, and ultimately our way of life. What should it be replaced with?
- The reasons for scaling back our troops from bases around the world, and how we can still maintain a strong national defense.
- Why it was a mistake to invade Iraq, and why it is a mistake to stay there. Mention 12+ Military bases/ Embassy the size of the Vatican costing 1 billion dollars, being broke, etc..
- How Donald Trump is just a stooge in the race to stroke his own ego. How he gave 50k to Rahm Emanuel's mayoral campaign, as well as bankrupted several companies, and lived beyond his means, etc.. (my personal beef)
- Why Ron Paul was right in 1976, 2008, and today. Why does everyone sound like him now? (please be careful with this, as you are now representing Ron Paul and can make him look bad if you are not prepared)
- Why we could be facing riots here in the US, similar to the ones in Europe, and the Middle East, and what can be done to stop it. (Reference Army preparing for civil unrest)
- Why our foreign policy is a disaster, makes us less safe as a nation, and the actual duties of the federal govt. in this capacity.
- How we are 8 times more likely to be killed by a cop, than a terrorist. (reference this) http://newsblaze.com/story/20090221100148tsop.nb/topstory.html
- Why electronic voting machines cannot be trusted, and how we must have a transparent tangible system we can once again have faith in.
- Why foreign aid needs to be cut to ALL countries including Israel (reasons: They have over 200 nuclear missiles, their military tech is 10 years ahead of everyone else in that area, plus it causes tension with the rest of the Middle East, and mainly because WE'RE BROKE)
BONUS: The FIRST person to get a plug in for the dailypaul, will win an instant ounce of silver, regardless if your call is voted as the winner.
Example: "I was wondering if you had read the article on DAILYPAUL.COM about such and such"
Once you are on the air, try and tie one of these subjects (or your own) to what is being discussed at the time. I know it is a tough challenge, and you may have to suffer sitting on hold listening to some bozo carrying on about whatever subject, but the results could be worth it. Getting the message out successfully to potential millions is what we need, whether Ron Paul runs or not.
To enter your call in, you must have an archive that you can link to, or a YouTube of the call. Possibly one of the members here can help convert your call in, into a YouTube so that it is easier for people to listen to.
Some of you may be better writers than speakers. You can STILL help. Please, post supporting evidence and talking points relating to these subjects, to help the call in contestants in their efforts. If we can collaborate on this, it will just make it that much more effective.
DPer Joη, has also graciously offered to set up a poll, so that entries can be voted on privately and accurately. Voting period will take place after the contest has ended, and will last for one week.
If you think this method has merit, then please vote this up, keep it bumped, add your info, or make your calls. There has never been a better opportunity to take to the airways. Things are happening and changing so quickly, that we must reach out to the millions of potential patriots, to try and make an impact on the national discussion.
Good Luck, and most importantly HAVE FUN !!