HOW TO: Create Votes, Rally Supporters, Build Momementum for RP to WIN IT!!!Submitted by paul-for-liberty on Thu, 05/05/2011 - 22:54
Alright, guys. Great debate by RP. Now, we need to keep the momentum going. Don't just rely on these debates for building support, in fact, you can't trust the mainstream media to do their job.
We gotta get off our couches, get active in our communities, and create lasting impacts in our lives and in those of others. By spreading the message of liberty and Ron Paul, we can absolutely do this.
I'm new to rallying support for candidates, so this is as much of a help for me as it might be for anyone else. Post here any great ideas or approaches for rallying support at local or broader levels.
Things we should (but not limited to) talk about here:
1) Ways to find local RP meetup groups
2) Ideas for individuals to promote RP (flyers, yard signs, door-to-door, Facebook, etc.
3) Persuasion: best ways to convince different voters (republicans, democrats, independents, undecided, pro-life, pro-choice, pro-war, pro-no war, pro-war on drugs, against war on drugs, etc.)
4) Any other ideas you can think of.
I think one of the most important things to consider when convincing voters is that we have to address the philosophical / principle-level issues. For example, if we are talking to Republicans, most will likley have philosophical contradictions when it comes to:
- supporting government with the Partiot Act
- BUT, NOT supporting government when it comes to involvement with economics (even though we know elected republicans are all up in the economy).
These are philosophical contradictions that essential self-destruct the arguments of most voters who are stuck in the "left-right paradigm". We should apporach voters with principles and philosophy.
Any more ideas would be great.