Ron Paul 2012: The Video Game - UpdatedSubmitted by Evil Warlord an... on Mon, 05/30/2011 - 00:54
Here's a crazy idea. I figured why don't we make a Ron Paul video game and sell it to raise campaign funds? It's crazy, but it could be educational, entertaining, and it would help us immensely.
Off the top of my head, here are some issues to be addressed:
1. Who's going to run the project?
2. Can we develop it entirely with volunteers? (I'm more than willing)
3. Can we develop it so it works on all platforms?
4. As much as I like games where soldiers stomp zombies, it will obviously have to be nonviolent.
5. It would have to be very educational.
6. It would have to be action packed.
7. It'll need a good storyline and play, almost like a GTA game.
8. How much do we sell it for?
9. Can we get it professionally packaged?
10. How do we resolve legal issues regarding organization? 501(c), or what?
11. Can we get The Big Man's permission to use his likeness and quotes?
12. How do we coordinate and collaborate this project?
13. Is there anything else I missed?
Here's some people we're going to need, and this is by no means exhaustive:
1. Project manager.
2. Game story writers/concept developers.
3. 3D modelers and animators, graphic artists.
4. Programmers proficient in OpenGL. DirectX is nice, but it won't work on Mac or Linux without kludges. OpenGL is cross platform, and it doesn't require parallel coding environments.
5. Programmers who can cross code for the Windows API (most likely MFC, for performance reasons), the standard C libraries in Linux, and possibly Cocoa, unless Mac uses the same C libraries as Linux.
6. Sound effects and soundtrack specialists.
7. A web developer who knows PHP, MySQL, and AJAX, as well as web security, code versioning and tracking, and can figure out ways to collaborate this project with streaming voip, webcams, and cloud based desktops.
8. Game testers.
9. Someone to handle legal affairs, like getting rights, checking facts, making sure our code doesn't infringe on someone else's rights, etc.
10. Web marketing specialist.