The Daily Paul's Ron Paul Book ProjectSubmitted by Michael Nystrom on Wed, 08/29/2007 - 23:32
by Michael Nystrom
I got it into my head that Dr. Paul could really use a book about him -- written by us -- to help spread the unbiased word about him during the upcoming campaign.
Since the MSM seems intent on ignoring him and us, we need to exploit the channels that are available to us in such a way that we cannot be ignored. It seems to me that the last bastions of free speech are the internet and books.
The idea for the book is this: We each write a short blurb - anywhere from a few paragraphs to several (up to 10) pages about why we support Ron Paul, from our own, unique, individual perspective. We assemble all of these short 'chapters' by theme into a book. We publish the book, and it becomes a best seller. Others read the book and wonder - "How come I've never heard of this guy?" They pass the book to others who wonder the same thing.
Can you imagine the diversity of views, thoughts and opinions, united in respect for the cause for liberty, freedom, and hope for America that such a book would contain? It would be amazing!!! Part of the reason I want to assemble such a book is that I want to read such a book myself!
So, if you'd like to participate, here are some rough submission guidelines:
I would like to keep this as loose as possible, to reflect the diversity of all the individuals who support Ron Paul. So these are guidelines, only. If you'd like to participate, please send a Word document with:
1. Your full name, or screen name*
2. Your age*
3. Your occupation/vocation*
4. City, State & Country*
5. When and how you first heard of Dr. Paul
6. What political / economic / social / moral issues are most important to you today?
7. What do you see as the biggest danger facing our country today?
8. Why does Ron Paul inspire you / give you hope?
9. What kinds of activities have you undertaken in support of Ron Paul?
10. What kinds of people have you met in your support activities?
11. Has being a part of the Ron Paul campaign changed the way you see the world? If so, how?
12. Has being a part of the campaign altered your view of the mainstream media (MSM)?
13. What do you find is the most pervasive misunderstanding regarding Ron Paul's philosophy of government?
14. Are your friends/family surprised that you're supporting Ron Paul?
15. What is the most important thing that Ron Paul has taught you.
- - - - -
Those are the rough guidelines. Only the first 4 are required. Take the remaining questions as rough guides / points of departure. Write from your heart. Write whatever you want to. If you want to write a poem, that would be fine, too.
I came up with those questions because I'm interested in those answers.
Maybe I'm dreaming. However, like this website, I want this book to be a tool to help more people - people that for whatever reason don't use or trust the internet yet - to wake up and learn about Dr. Paul, not from some mediated corporation, but directly from us!
Like I said, maybe I'm dreaming. But if you'd like to dream with me, please send your chapter of the book to me at:
(string it all together like a regular email address - I just have to write it like that so the spam robots don't flood me with their vile messages.
I will begin my search for publishers directly. I may self publish it. If you are in the publishing industry, or know someone who can help, or has some experience in such matters, please contact me. I promise that profits from this project will go towards supporting the campaign. If I run up against my personal contribution limit, I will find some other way to ensure that the campaign benefits, either buy buying ads or signs or literature to distribute, or whatever.
Submission deadline - October 1, 2007.
If you have any questions or comments, post them below, or contact me directly.
Oh yeah, and the name? The New Revolutionaries keeps running through my mind. That would be us - The New Revolutionaries. The cover will be that amazing mosaic that was the Ames, IA newspaper ad.
Yours in the cause of Liberty,