Time to POATS!Submitted by Jefferson2 on Sun, 12/11/2011 - 20:00
An email I just got. Feel free to cut and paste.
This rather brilliantly cuts thru all the political doublespeak we get......
Food for thought..... This puts it into a much better perspective and is
the same for many countries in Europe...
Why the U.S. was downgraded:
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $ 1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $ 38,500,000,000
Let's now remove 8 zeros and pretend it's a household budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
* Total budget cuts: $385
Got It ?????
OK now Lesson # 2:
Here's another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:
Let's say, You come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood....and your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings.
What do you think you should do?
Raise the ceilings, or pump out all the shit? (sewage?)
Your choice is coming Nov. 2012