Foreign Policy and the Military-Industrial ComplexSubmitted by zdlaw on Tue, 01/03/2012 - 11:48
According to the recent PPP poll our numbers with seniors are problematic; primarily a result of Ron's foreign policy position which the neo-cons constantly harp on. I think we ought to develop a video that parallels Dr. Paul's message with Eisenhower's farewell address in 1961 warning of the military-industrial complex. Something along the lines of:
1) Bold words: "5 Star General" show photo of Ike.
2) Bold words: "Supreme Allied Commander, WWII" show photo
3) Bold words: "2 time Republican President" show photo.
4) Bold words: "Think he knew something about the US becoming perpetually involved in a military based economy?" Cut to a clip of Ike's speech.
5) Show number of wars/conflicts since 1961 and stats on growth of military spending since '61.
6) Show clips of Ron Paul connecting foreign policy/military spending with our economic woes.
7) Close with the question: "So was Eisenhower just too extreme or did we ignore this great man's warnings?" or "Still think Ron Paul's stance on foreign policy is too extreme?"