REPOST: How Ron Paul Won All of My Iowa PrecinctsSubmitted by JTTC on Fri, 02/03/2012 - 05:25
I am reposting this because caucus time is upon us.
I hope all caucus goers will use my advice (and whatever skills and knowledge they have) to do well in the next few months.
Ron Paul won all three of my caucus sites! But he can win yours, too if you are prepared!
On caucus night in Iowa, I gave a speech at a triple-precinct site. We all voted separately, but the function was run together. Ron Paul won all the individual precincts. How? Firstly all credit goes to Dr. Paul for if it were not for him, I would be an ignorant neocon. However, it was my delivery of Dr. Paul that made the difference.
I hope that this will be an open letter to all future caucus goers. Your organization in your community DOES make a difference. Note:
1) I was the best dressed. Shirt, suit, and tie.
2) I used the Iowa-style Phone from Home to target my neighbors. I went door to door with slimjims as well.
3) I sent the super-brochure to all the independent supervoters in my precinct
4) I talked to all my neighbors with whom I was on very personal terms and I ‘made’ them come. Frankly, this is the easiest way to boost poll numbers.
5) This one is uncontrollable but also neighborhood demographics make a difference. Do not be discouraged if you do not win your precinct. Instead, mark your success by how much you exceeded the expected turn out of your support vs the establishment.
6) I had a wicked poster! No one else had a poster. I also brought slim jims and set them out. http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m541/crowjt/?action=view...
7) I gave the best speech that targeted neocons. These people are not ready for ‘the truth’.
So instead I said things that they were looking to hear, and let Dr. Paul’s record do the work while the other candidates have years of inconsistency going against them.
When I arrived the precinct chair informed us the speech would only be 1-2 minutes long. Yikes.
I gave a 1:40 speech. It was a modified version of that campaign’s outline that went like this:
Good evening. My name is JTTC. I live in your neighborhood over on Such and Such Street. I’d like to tell you why I support Ron Paul for President.
Ron Paul has fought for limited government, constitutional principles, and the protection of our God-given rights, including our right to bear arms and our Right to Life. He personally lived the pro-life message as he has delivered over 4000 babies believing life begins at conception.
Unlike his opponents, he has never flip flopped.
He has been a long time critic of the Federal Reserve, and he is the only candidate to have predicted the economic mess we’re currently in 7 years before it began.
His Plan to Restore America cuts $1 TRILLION in spending during the first year of his presidency, eliminated 5 unconstitutional departments, and balances the budget during his third year. He is the only candidate whose plan balances the budget in his first term while the other candidates do not.
And he does this without cutting Social security, Veteran’s benefits, national defense, or care for the children and elderly.
As a veteran, Ron Paul understands that defense is the primary function of our federal government. He voted to go after Osama bin Laden, and he will ensure America’s borders are secure.
Ron Paul has received 3 times more in contributions from active-duty military than all other Republican candidates combined. Polls have show he is THE Republican candidate who can defeat Barack Obama in 2012 as he is the only Republican who has more independent support than Obama.
Those are the reasons why I’m supporting Ron Paul tonight. I hope you will, too. Thank you and God Bless.
There are SO many things I would have liked to add. But it has to be short, to the point, and easy enough for a neocon to say, "Ok, I like that guy."
On a side note, 70% of the delegates were Ron Paul supporters after my constant prodding. BECOME A DELEGATE. IT IS WHAT REALLY MATTERS.