Advanced CitizenshipSubmitted by ElfN on Wed, 02/29/2012 - 17:14
Today I sent out an email to people on my list who are planning to work at our Caucus. I'm sharing it with you in the hopes it will help you.
Our March 3rd caucus is this Saturday. This email is part of my advanced citizenship.
A Republic is one of the highest forms of government yet devised by man, but it also requires the greatest amount of human focus, care and maintenance. If neglected, it will quickly and silently deteriorate into a variety of less desirable forms of government including Democracy, Anarchy, Oligarchy, or Dictatorship as witnessed by our recent governmental slide.
One of my self-appointed tasks in preparation for the upcoming caucus is to compile a list of talking points for those of us pushing for Ron Paul delegates. I have people on my list who have no email addy so I will be calling them over the next couple days to ensure they are at the caucus site early enough for a short orientation. I hope someone will be there to support me who has additional knowledge about how the caucus works as this is my first foray into this arena.
If you plan to act as a delegate, you will need to make sure you understand each of the Ron Paul talking points below so you have the ability to debate them if necessary. The point of this exercise is to talk intelligently so you can convince others that Dr. Paul's plan is our best hope. Our goal is delegates, but don't pass up the chance to get supporters as well. Know what Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley do and why they're bad. Know what the REINS Act is and why it's good. If you need links to arguments for/against these pieces of legislation, ask me and I'll supply them.
Dr. Paul's plan to restore America addresses our drift away from our founding principles. His plan puts America on the path to restoring our constitutional government, a republic, NOT a democracy.
Dr. Paul is advocating
- cutting $1 trillion in spending in the first year of his presidency. This isn't just a number, there is a solid plan behind this (eliminate 5 cabinet departments (Energy, HUD, Commerce, Interior and Education, abolishing the TSA, abolish corporate subsidies, stopping foreign aid, ending foreign wars and returning most other spending to 2006 levels).
- block grant Medicaid and other welfare programs and allow younger workers to opt out.
- 10% reduction in the federal workforce, cut congressional pay and perks, curb excessive federal travel, reduce the President's pay to the personal median salary of the American worker ($39.336).
- lower the corporate tax rate to 15%, allowrepatriation of capital without additional taxation, extend all Bush tax cuts, abolish the death tax, end taxes on personal savings.
- Repeal ObamaCare, Dodd-Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley. Mandate REINS-style requirements and cancel all onerous regulations previously issued by Executive Order.
- conduct a FULL audit of the Federal Reserve and implement competing currency legislation.
If you need a single catch-phrase, use this:
Dr. Paul is the only candidate with a plan to cut spending and truly balance the budget. This is the only plan that will deliver what America needs in these difficult times: Major regulatory relief, large spending cuts, sound monetary policy, and a balanced budget.
For additional short and more specific talking points beyond the ones addressed above (our primary concern, the return to our constitutional roots), you can read all of Dr. Paul's issue remarks at http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues. Each image links to a page with detailed explanations.
I hope you're making time to get to the caucus and do your part to advance our march toward freedom. I am most articulate and organized in print. Please forgive me if I totally flub the verbal part of my advanced citizenship efforts on March 3rd.
Nori, engaging in some advanced citizenship.