Why I now support Ron running third party...Submitted by emptyeternity on Thu, 03/15/2012 - 10:34
At first I was loathe to the idea, even calling people trolls and idiots who set our movement back by recommending the idea.
What has changed?
1. Ron has been cheated out of wins with vote fraud.
2. Media refuses to cover him.
3. The major reason? The GOP are cheating, bending if not disregarding their rules for delegate nomination.
I just read Justin's Antiwar blog piece and I beleive his reasons are right. Whats to stop the GOP frombpulling the same antics at the convention they did in 2008?
Ron merely held a convention of his own at the same time as a protest to the convention. What better way to protest then to fracture the already divided and dying GOP?
I was in the camp of going through the GOP to reform it but now I am beginning to feel that this unholy.monster has no saving graces, atleast nothing saveable within the time slot needed to affect change for 2012.
Money is hard to come by this season and I feel Ron hasn't done enough to combat the vote fraud. Joking about it and hinting about hasn't done a single thing to help his case. I will only donate now.if he runs third party.
Many of you are hissing and foaming at the mouth me saying this. I can only say that if I feel this way I am not alone, and this divide within our camp will only grow.
He needs to run 3rd party with a Reform party idea. This will do two three things.
1. It will doom the GOP.
2. It will get him to start a political revolution of starting a new party.
3. It might help reelect Obama in the long term but having a Republican.in office will only produce a blowback similar to having Bush in office with a Republican controlled congress, which will whiplash us into anothe democratic majority in congress soon thereafter.
Atleast I know the people would revolt under a continuance.of.oppressiveness from Obama.
REVOLUTIONARY WAR 2.0 is coming!!!!!
EDIT: I do not endorse Obama or any other person besides Paul, and will only vote Paul, if he doesn't run 3rd party and doesn't win the convention, I will write him in.