Ron Paul's AccomplishmentsSubmitted by Brainiac Johnson on Fri, 04/27/2012 - 06:45
Recently I was asked about Ron Paul's Accomplishments
I posted my response below. Please feel free to add anything that I have missed or correct any incorrect information
- Won the Pennsylvania state championship in the 220-yard dash
- Bachelor degree in Biology from Gettysburg College in 1957
- Medical Degree from Duke University School of Medicine in 1961
- Completed obstetrics and gynecology training at the University of Pittsburgh
- Flight surgeon and Captain in the Air Force from 1963 - 1965 and in the Air National Guard from 1965 - 1968
Awards and Endorsements
- The National Taxpayers Union awarded Dr. Paul its top grade for defending overtaxed Americans for 15 consecutive years
- Awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award for Advancing Liberty from the Future of Freedom Foundation .
- Paul is the only President candidate in 2008 or 2012 to gain an A+ rating from Gun Owners of America
- Received Defender of the Second Amendment Award from the Gun Owners of America
- Received the GIELOW FAMILY FOUNDATION FRIEND-OF-FREEDOM AWARD
- Received theLifetime Achievement Award from Charity Awards - (Ronald Reagan won this award as well)
- The only presidential candidate endorsed by Ronald Reagan - "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."
- For the complete list of endosrements that cannot be fit in this email, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Paul_presidential_campaign,...
- He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year to help reduce the federal deficeit.
- Introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress
- founded the Foundation for Rational Economics and Education (FREE), a non-profit "think tank" dedicated to promoting principles of limited government and free-market economics
- Was an honorary chairman of, and is a member of the Republican Liberty Caucus
- served on the House Banking Committee
- Is currently the Chairman of the Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology
- Currently serves on the Subcommittee on International Monetary Policy and Trade and the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
- has helped prohibit funding for national identification numbers, funding for federal teacher certification, International Criminal Court jurisdiction over the U.S. military, American participation with any U.N. global tax, and surveillance of peaceful First Amendment activities by citizens.
- Elected to Congress 12 times in Texas's 14th district - In 2010 he received 80% of the vote when running for re-election
- He is an initiating member of the Congressional Rural Caucus, which deals with agricultural and rural issues, and the 140-member Congressional Wildlife Refuge Caucus.
Personal and Family accomplishments
- Married to the same woman for 55 years and together they raise five children - Three of them Doctors and one went on to become the Senator of Kentucky
- Proclaimed Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour and has endeavored to follow Him every day in every position he advocates.
- Ran a sucessful medical practice for many years, has delivered more than 4,000 babies and has never performed an abortion.
- Author of nine books
- In his private practice as a medical doctor, He refused to accept Medicaid or Medicare payments ever, he routinely lowered fees for patients who could not afford to pay.
■Liberty Defined (2011) - I have read this one
■End the Fed (2009) - I have read this one
■The Revolution: A Manifesto (2008) - I have read this one
■Pillars of Prosperity (2008)
■A Foreign Policy of Freedom: Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship (2007)
■Freedom Under Siege: The U.S. Constitution After 200 Years (1987)
■Mises and Austrian Economics: A Personal View (1984)
■The Case For Gold (1982)
■Gold, Peace, and Prosperity: The Birth of a New Currency (1981)
- the only congressman to ever hit a home run over the fence in the 50 years that the Congressional Baseball game has been running
In his 12 terms as a congressman here are a few things he hasn't done
- He has never voted to raise taxes.
- He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
- He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
- He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
- He has never taken a government-paid junket.
- He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
- He voted against the Patriot Act.
- He voted against regulating the Internet.
- He voted against the Iraq war.
- He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
- Currently in 2nd place for the Republican Presidential nomination with an estimated 1,334,178 votes cast for him so far in state primaries