All future conventions-watch out for these tactics, PLUS: Convention jokes.Submitted by SteveMartin on Fri, 05/11/2012 - 13:47
Watch out for these things if your state is yet to caucus/convene:
1. Fake slates made to look like Paul slates, but with Romney nominees on them.
2. Attempts to falsely inflate the total number of delegates in attendance so that later on, when Romney people leave in frustration, the few left can claim lack of a quorum (less than 50%.)
3. County/district chairmen (Romney chairmen) forcing your county/district to vote on delegates separate from the instructions from the convention chair, or in a separate location.
4. Phony credentials, out-of-staters given credentials, other credentialing deceptions.
5. Forcing multiple votes on the same items, frivolous points of order, votes of no confidence in (Paul) chairs, etc...all designed to "run out the clock."
6. Lying about the length of time the facility is rented for, or costs of going over.
7. Getting Romney people to present as Paul people at various stages, esp. pre-caucus/convention strategy sessions.
8. Having RINO candidates for office (your state assembly/legislature) threaten to resign their races, or actually doing so, to insure D wins they can then blame on us.
9. Nomination of YOUR PEOPLE who were not endorsed by the RP campaign in advance, in an attempt to split the vote...(Be sure they jump up quickly to decline the nomination.)
10. UNITY SLATES...for everybody but Paul supporters. Be prepared to point out to fencesitters that this is not "unity" but exclusion.
All these things (and more I probably, forgot...please feel free to add to the list) were tried and defeated last weekend at the Maine State convention. Make sure you have good/secure means of communication. COMMUNICATION AMONG RON PAUL SUPPORTERS IS EVERYTHING!