These announcements change NOTHING. Full steam ahead for the Revolution!Submitted by JTTC on Tue, 05/15/2012 - 14:28
The announcements by the campaign really have changed very little for us. We were never going to win the primaries. People are either too big of sheep or the Diebolds are bought and paid for.
Anyone who has been paying attention or is in an early state (Iowa being mine) knows a few things:
1) It has always been about the grassroots. Many of these victories have been done with little oversight from the campaign. We have been and will continue to take over state GOP roles. The importance of this cannot be overstated. In my own state of Iowa we took over the GOP. Can you imagine the soapbox for liberty this will give us? Can you imagine if dozens of other states follow suit, what the future of the GOP will be like? What will the future of America be like?
2) This has always been a movement, not just an election. Getting Dr. Paul elected would be wonderful for many obvious reasons that are both practical and symbolic. But getting him elected isn't enough. It is a revolution of ideas throughout America. This is a movement.
3) This has always been OUR movement. Yes Dr. Paul is our de facto leader and figurehead, but he will not live forever. We have to keep on after this election (whether Dr. Paul wins or not). If we do not have the courage to do so, we were never serious about making real changes for liberty.
4) This election cycle has always been about changing the minds AND taking control. This means FULL STEAM AHEAD on the delegate process and state conventions.
5) As Dr. Paul mentioned he wishes for respect and decorum. Let's face it, Dr. Paul is one of the most humble and respectful people out there. It isn't his style to kick a** and take names. However, it used to be. Check out some of his old interviews when was running for the libertarian party. The point is, as he has always says, he never tells his supporters what to do because it is completely at odds with his principles of liberty.
So while being respectful is important, there is also a time for raising hell. That time is now, both at state conventions and in Tampa. Of course, be respectful, but no taking it laying down either. When we go to Tampa, we will still vote for Dr. Paul. If Romney has the delegates, then so be it. But we pledge to do everything we can between now and then. Anything less is giving up on liberty. If any of these other states are indications of how things can go, our possibilities are limitless.
Do not be discouraged, we are the irate minority. We will win this if we stick to our principles and keep each other motivated.
Liberty in 2012.
Ron Paul 2012.