Open Letter To Mr. Romney...Submitted by pawnstorm12 on Tue, 05/22/2012 - 14:16
If you agree with this letter, feel free to pass it on to the Romney campaign.
Perhaps you can use the very envelope you get from his campaign asking for contributions.
Thanks to everyone for your input.
Dear Governor Romney,
NO candidate is more qualified to be president of the United States than Ron Paul and here's why:
1. As a medical doctor who practiced BEFORE government intervention in health care (through Medicare and Medicaid), Dr. Paul is uniquely qualified to fix our broken health care system. He has explained to us how it was government tinkering with health care in the first place which caused the out of control costs today.
2. As the only remaining candidate who served in the U.S. military (during both cold and hot wars), Dr. Paul understands when and how to use our military and when NOT to. He believes that today, our military is being used for purposes OTHER than national defense.
3. As a 12-term U.S. Congressman, Dr. Paul knows how the federal government operates from the inside. Though he is a rock-solid principled statesman, it means he can identify the dirty side of politics as well, having seen it first hand. He has pledged to return the federal government to its proper size and role by defunding bloated, un-constitutional federal departments, programs and agencies.
4. As a scholar of economics, Dr. Paul has said that it is not the job of the president to "run the economy." The president's job (as enumerated in our Constitution), is to protect our liberty and sovereignty as U.S. citizens, which in turn allows for a free market economy.
5. No one better understands and espouses sound monetary policy than Ron Paul. He has clearly explained how our own central bank has literally destroyed the value of our dollar and even worse, how they conspire (in secret) with foreign central banks to fleece American taxpayers, usurp our economic sovereignty, and even influence American foreign policy.
6. While some people mention Dr. Paul's age, I contend that never again will we have the opportunity to elect someone who has lived through such historic events as the Great Depression, World War II, Korean and Vietnam wars, JFK assassination, end of the gold standard, all the way to the financial collapse of 2008 and beyond.
With all due respect Governor, even you must admit that your record cannot compare to the experience, wisdom, consistency, and dedication to the principles of liberty of Congressman Dr. Ron Paul.
So with these things in mind Mr. Romney, may I humbly suggest that you please step aside, endorse Ron Paul for the Republican nomination and pledge to help him win the presidency of the United States.
If you truly love America as you say you do, then this is your chance to help pave the way for a President Paul as our last best hope to Restore America Now.
Signed, a concerned American citizen.