The establishment in Texas fears Ron PaulSubmitted by divinebovine on Sat, 05/26/2012 - 17:51
I will be serving this year at the Texas State GOP convention as a delegate and I recently received an email warning all delegates in my congressional district of the Ron Paul agenda. I initially thought this was an official email from the GOP, however, it was sent out from a gmail account.
They think that we don't care about about anything other than getting Ron Paul elected. Sadly, it seems that they are the ones who care for nothing else but to get their candidate, Mitt Romney elected.
For those of us who are representing Dr. Paul at our various conventions never forget the lessons he has taught us. We need to prove them wrong with our actions by always being respectful, yet unyielding.
Original email follows below:
BEWARE all Texas GOP Delegates & Alternates!
Many of us in CD3 just received this e-mail (below) on Friday afternoon from the Collin County Conservative Coalition (CCCTX) and we ALL need to be on the alert! This is NOT just a group of conservative organizers... They definitely have an agenda - and their agenda is to FOOL YOU into picking National Delegates / Alternates that will support their candidate: RON PAUL!
It may sound good on the surface, but things are not as they seem. They are hoping that by using key words like "pro-life, pro-liberty & pro-constitution" that you will let your guard down and listen to them. They also want to discredit Mitt Romney, and substitute their candidate, Ron Paul, so he can be the GOP Nominee! They are aware that Collin County is very conservative, so they know that Romney may not have been among your top choices - and it sounds good to say that they want to hold him accountable... but their goal is to REPLACE him. YOU are a KEY par of their plan! They are banking on YOU listening to them - and then voting for THEIR candidates for National Delegate and Alternate as well as other elected positions. They don't care about us or the Republican Party - they are solely focused on getting their guy in and all others out.
This is NOT a joke, unfortunately. They are prepared to fight tooth-and-nail to take Texas, overturn the GOP, throw out our officers, etc. (see videos below)
As TRUE REPUBLICANS (not Libertarians who are posing as Republicans), we do not need their help when it comes to choosing the National Delegates / Alternates - as well as the other elected positions. We can make up our OWN minds. If we want to interview the candidates, we can do that on our own. (They have even co-mingled two Ron Paul supporters amongst the known Republicans on their "candidate list for those running for National Delegate".)
Most importantly, as a Delegate or Alternate to the Texas State Convention, it is important that we really KNOW who we are sending to Tampa to represent CD3. There are several who have already announced that they are running and their body of work is evident. We should BEWARE of ANYONE that cannot show what they have done for our party. Being selected as a National Delegate or Alternate is not only an enormous honor for the individual, it is a responsibility to REPRESENT US. We need to get references and do our homework. We can't depend on others to "help" make our decision. They just want us to join their little revolution. That is specifically why we are not making suggestions on who to vote for - that's your job, not some made-up organization's job to think for you and then feed you with information that will "guide" you to their candidates of choice.
There may be similar organizations cropping up all over the state as well... so feel free to forward this e-mail to others outside of CD3.
Take a look at these videos and articles from RECENT state conventions:
Video of the rump convention in the parking lot:
They have already challenged the Oklahoma Convention: http://www.dailypaul.com/235541/ron-paul-supporters-submit-c...
In each of these cases, delegates (who did not share the Victory strategy of uniting behind the GOP nominee unless it was the one of their choice) caused many problems at these conventions by disruptive behavior, such as shouting, refusing to yield the floor, calling erroneously for points of order, etc. We can expect the same here in Texas.
Their ultimate goal was to elect their slate of delegates to the national convention where further mischief will probably occur. They are able to successfully take over some of these conventions simply by out-shouting or outlasting the traditional Republicans who were there as delegates, usually in greater numbers than the mischief makers (MMs), but who finally gave up in exasperation and left to tend to family or other personal matters. Thus those who have their own agenda are able to pass that agenda, electing their delegates to the national convention (who do NOT represent the primary vote as cast in those states) while there was still a quorum present.
How can we prevent this from happening here in Texas? There are several key actions:
1) Traditional Republicans (TRs), no matter if you supported Gingrich, Santorum, Perry, Romney, etc., who have been selected as delegates or alternates MUST attend the entire convention and stay until it is adjourned on Saturday NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES!
2) TR alternates most likely will be seated at some point so they should plan to stay for the duration. Their votes can make the difference in a close election for delegates!
3) TRs MUST be present for every vote and expect several roll call votes which are designed to kill time and exasperate us into leaving early. The first caucuses are Senate District caucuses and while they are important, the Congressional District caucuses are where the delegate action will be. A convention agenda may be found here:http://convention.texasgop.org/tentative-agenda
4) The first important votes will be at the CD caucus on Thursday afternoon following the 3rd General Session. At this caucus, the permanent chairman will be elected and also the National Nominations Committee member from each CD. This Committee member will be among the 36 such members who will select the 44 at-large national delegates. THIS IS A VERY CRITICAL ELECTION! This person should be someone known to you who has pledged to support in the Committee meeting a person with a proven track record of conservative activism for the Republican Party. In fact, the CD caucus can choose someone whom they instruct the Committee member to support, and he/she is bound to do so for at least one round of voting in the Committee. It is important to ask the candidates for this Committee member who they plan to support and for how long in the National Nominations Committee. Then vote for the candidates accordingly.
5) The second important votes come on Saturday. The first one is at 8 a.m. when the caucus will elect the national delegates and alternates, three of each. TRs should be prepared NOT to run against one another in this caucus, as the MMs will likely run only one of their group for each spot and if the TR vote is split, then an MM may well win. Those elected are supposed to be proportionately reported at the national convention to represent the primary presidential vote on the first ballot. However, they are unbound on the second ballot, which is where the danger lurks if no nominee is picked on the first ballot. (And that indeed appears to be the MMs strategy since they have elected MM delegates in many states who do NOT represent the vote that was cast in the presidential primary within that state.) In other words, they have elected many rogue delegates.
6) It is important during this election process to ask each candidate for national delegate or alternate if they pledge to be bound by the proportionate primary vote in Texas for the first ballot at the national convention and if there is a second ballot, ask them who they will be supporting. We know that in some states, the MMs have been instructed to lie, in order to achieve delegate status. So perhaps TRs should make some discreet inquiries prior to this caucus as to who is interested in running for national delegate and support only those who will be helping to unify rather than to divide the GOP at the national convention.
7) If a good TR national delegate candidate fails to be elected in the CD caucus, he/she can go before the National Nominations Committee and ask to be considered for delegate or alternate at large. There is a form Click here to download the Application for Consideration. Fill it out completely and legibly, then return it to RPT Headquarters by May 31st. Mail: 1108 Lavaca, Suite 500, Austin, TX 78701 Fax: 512-480-0709. Testify in front of the National Nominations Committee at the State Convention on Friday, June 8th at 6:00pm or Saturday, June 9th at 10:00am. Room numbers will be announced in the official convention program. Please see RPT Rule 38 for nominating procedures. (It might be a good idea to go ahead and fill out this form and get it to RPT by May 31 in order to be considered by the National Nominations Committee. If you are subsequently selected as a delegate from the CD, the application for at-large delegate would be withdrawn.)
8) If you do not feel that the caucus is being run correctly (for instance if the chairman is being overrun by the MMs), then you should raise a point of order and request that the chairman remove the disruptive delegates. That may or may not be done, but you can also put it into the form of a motion for the caucus to vote on and if it passes, then the chairman must do so, using the sgts. at arms if necessary and then seating alternates in the places of the removed delegates.
9) The last important vote will be late in the day on Saturday, during the final general session. It is here that the National Nominations Committee will make its report, which must be voted upon by the delegates in the general session. If many of the TRs have gone home, then the MMs may well control the convention at this point and if they vote the Committee report down, it must be sent back to the Committee and re-submitted to the delegates until it is passed. There will be no substituting of names. It is an up or down vote and its passage will be determined by how many people remain at that point.
10) Have a plan to work within your CD to inform others and convince them to coalesce with you to stand your ground for the TR principles and candidates. Remember that there are four very important elections in your CD: the member of the National Nominations Committee, and the three National Delegates. The alternates are also important, but less so than the Delegates. Find out in advance from the RPT who the delegate/alternates are in your CD and contact them. The number of delegates will determine how many votes are needed to elect a Committee member or a delegate 50% plus 1.
Here are some of the things they are saying about the GOP, the process and YOU:
"This is a numbers game. If more of Dr. Paul's supporters turn out than any other candidate's delegates, we control them. If more of our people show up, we take over the state convention, we change the rules, and we take over the Republican Party. Turnout is key. We vote as a block and never deviate from the voting instructions dispensed by our command center. On every vote, we vote together. We will be informing you via text message on how you need to vote on every vote that comes up. If you have not sent us your cell phone number you will have with you on Saturday, please do so right away. The Santorum, Gingrich, and Romney supporters will be splitting their votes because they will not be communicating with each other like we will be doing. Our internal numbers show that if Santorum, Gingrich, and Romney delegates vote as a block, they have a majority at the state convention. So it is absolutely crucial that we use whatever tactics necessary to promote division and confusion amongst their supporters. We promote confusion and division by:
*Gaining the trust of our opponents supporters and taking advantage of their ignorance so that we can gain control of them and tell them how they have to vote. For example if you are talking to Santorum supporters, tell them you are also pro-life and agree with a lot of what he has to say. Tell them you used to support him but now that he is out of the race you are supporting the only constitutional conservative remaining in the race. Tell them whatever they need to hear so that you gain their trust and establish credibility with them. Once you've done that you will control them.
*Deception and Misinformation - use any means necessary to divide and conquer our opponents.
*Prolonging the convention through parliamentary maneuvers. The longer the convention goes, the better for us. Our opposition will have a majority at the start of the convention but as the day goes on their delegates will have to leave because their baby sitter is only scheduled to watch the kids until 3pm or because they have dinner reservations, or because they just get too frustrated because the convention is taking so long. We will wait them out. We are disciplined and organized while they are weak willed and lazy. So the longer the convention goes, more and more of them will leave. All of a sudden what started out as a majority for them dwindles away and the balance of power shifts to us. We will use every parliamentary tactic in the book to prolong the meeting. Dr. Paul's campaign has sent national lawyers who will run circles over the local Alaska lawyers. Our lawyers are ready to sue anyone who tries to get in our way.
*Despite what the Republican Party wants us to believe, this election is not about beating Obama. This election is about cleansing the Republican Party. The poor excuse for Americans that support Santorum, Gingrich, and Romney need to be run out of the Republican Party. Once we have cleansed the Republican Party and President Paul is elected, we will end America's wars of aggression, we will put an end to American imperialism, and we will end the Fed!"
They have been training for this - putting their supporters through "boot camp" - check out this meet-up group and their comments:
Trending Meetups near Fort Worth
State Convention Delegate Training
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:00 PM at Painless Performance Products in Fort Worth, TX
Come learn what all to expect at the state convention so you will be prepared to participate. This will be around 2 hours of presentation followed by an hour for questions. ...
a Meetup of: Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty - Tarrant County
Sung Song: I seriously think Ron Paul has a chance at the nomination. The "secret strategy" is esoteric and available but rarely mentioned in the media. The process for nominations is one that is used by both Dems and Repubs but the average citizen doesn't know them.
The US is a Constitutional republic not a democracy as many would have you think. This is a good thing because then the tyranny of the majority would squelch the voice of the minority (aka mob rule). Before you criticize Ron Paul, please do some research and have an open mind. I hate generalizing but Rin Paul people tend to understand government, economics, and opposing candidates more thoroughly than the blind followers of the Democrats or Republicans.
Vinny Urrabazo Kelly, from what I have read so far... you are the only one talking about conspiracies and delusion. Get outta here. RON PAUL 2012. YOU ARE EITHER WITH US, OR AGAINST US. But, we hope you are with us :)
Christopher Sweet If Kelly wants to believe Paul is unelectable then let him. I don't believe he is unelectable. I think he should be elected and that when there's a will there's a way. He will certainly have some kind of outcome with this delegate strategy, which has largely paid off due to people ignoring the election process and simply believing he has no chance. We'll see what happens.
David Baur hey Kelly, he is not ahead in the media or in the delegate counts, but the Delegate counts are incorrect as they are not factual yet. The nominated Delegates is when it matters, and that is where Ron Paul is winning. The Beauty Contest Vote is nothing, but the delegate is permanent. hence why the hope for Ron paul is growing and strengthing. The Delegate selection is what counts, not the already proven corrupt and false State Vote that occurs first.
RON PAUL DELEGATES: If our goal for liberty and a restoration of the republic is shared, the way forward is no doubt filled with great obstacles and hard work. What we as a team, (and I'm speaking of all of us) have accomplished, is truly awesome.
If you think of all the Delegates we've trained, the Precinct Committeepeople we've elected, and the minds we have changed, then we are successful.
What we must do is to continue to push forward. We want Ron Paul as our next president. Should that not happen - we can continue to multiply the effect in the years to come and continue the R3volution.
Continue to fight by the pen my friends - until your fingers are ragged and the ink runs dry. We will win and defeat tyranny.
Here's an excellent blog entry from a recent delegate to the Oklahoma GOP State Convention:
Below is the original e-mail that was sent out in order to FOOL the Delegates and Alternates:
We are pleased to introduce a new website for and by Delegates and Alternates to the Texas State Republican Party Convention.
As Delegates to the Texas State Republican Party Convention, we have an awesome responsibility. In addition to an enormous amount of work on Texas state party business, we will also select a slate of Delegates to represent us at the National Convention in Tampa.
During this primary season, we have heard a lot of conservative rhetoric, but like the Etch a Sketch, those promises are sometimes forgotten.
Sometimes campaign rhetoric can cloud the issues. We want to make sure that our Texas Values and Texas Votes are NOT taken for granted. We want to make sure the National Campaign remembers where Texans stand on critical issues that matter to Texans, like ratifying a Balanced Budget Amendment, protecting the sanctity of human life, abolishing the TSA, supporting the 2nd Amendment, repealing ObamaCare, and defending our borders.
That's why the Collin County Conservative Coalition was created.
That's why we are publishing our Texas CD3 National Delegate Candidate Guide.
We want to give all our delegates an opportunity to present themselves to our delegation in a fair and open manner. After all, we know our party is stronger when we invite all conservatives to work together.
Would you like an opportunity to serve as a delegate to the Republican national Convention? The CCCC is dedicated to giving all delegates a fair chance to accomplish just that.
Just send us an email stating your wish to compete for one of the delegate slots. You may include any information you wish to share with your fellow delegates. This can include a political resume, an introduction to yourself, or just a statement about your positions on various issues. We will post whatever you send with no editorial input from us. Your fellow delegates will see exactly what you send us.
Please help us preserve our Conservative principles. We need to send our best and brightest to represent Collin County and our Texas Values at the National Convention.
YouTube - Videos from this email