Breakfast with BernankeSubmitted by Stuart Cox on Sun, 06/03/2012 - 02:35
A few comments have been submitted over the past few days about what ultimatums may have been handed down to Ron Paul during the breakfast meeting he had with BernanKe. With good cause. We have the jitters because the Campaign for Liberty is blasting down the track and throwing everything that is in the way up into the air!
So? When things are going great we naturally begin to wonder about it all. What if?
Now I am going to tell you the secrets about the breakfast.
1) Dr Paul, during one of his finance committee hearings directly asked Mr. Bernanke whether they could get together and discuss an alternate legal currency (based on sound money) to parallel the FED money. You can find this on one of the videos of Dr. Paul presiding over the hearings.
2) Mr Bernanke nodded his head and said yes, that they could meet.
3) In other words, Dr. Paul was not "called on the carpet" by the sinister powers that be.
4) The visit was a courtesy offered to Dr. Paul and the two of them (who are busy believe it or not) found that breakfast was a good opportunity for them to fit a meeting into their schedules.
5) The two of them discussed teir views about the economy and made sure they would maintain a civil relationship and not slip into a sour or hateful relationship over the various hearings and other activities gaining momentum in congress (audit the fed bills).
With regard to Dr. Paul not campaigning in the primary states (CA, etc) he plainly said he does not have the tens of millions that would be needed for TV and other advertising. Beside that, Dr. Paul has been BUSY keeping his commitments as a congressman, voting on bills, conducting his committee meetings and keeping up with congress.
Let's keep it real kids, this is not time to wilt or melt. We will WIN!