Police Brutality worse than Rodney King with MASSIVE cover upSubmitted by Joseph.Ngo on Wed, 06/27/2012 - 03:15
Former Pennsylvania Police Officer Larry Hohol should be lauded for bringing the details of this atrocity to public scrutiny and for his unique and tempered analysis of the case.
Here is a concise review of the case:
- The name of the brutality victim is 33 year old (31 at the time) Robert Leone.
- Leone had his driver's license reinstated from a non-accident DUI before this incident.
- Leone is mistakenly flagged by officer to be pulled over because his car matched a description from a minor accident.
- Poor decisions by officers made it impossible for Leone to comply with the officers' commands.
- Excessive force used by officers (including tazing) even after Leone's hands and feet are bound.
- Leone taken to hospital several times; Officers assault Leone in the hospital when Leone quietly pleads for intercession of hospital staff. Leone taken from the hospital with irregular vital signs.
- Leone pleads for help from judge over video conference but connection abruptly ends due to suspect technical difficulties.
- Leone remains in prison with several denied parole hearings; yet, prison warden marvels that Leone is a model prisoner.
- It has been postulated that Leone's denied parole coincides with an conscious effort to exhaust the statute of limitations on police malfeasance.
For Larry Hohol's complete assessment of Leone's case: http://www.theluzernecountyrailroad.com/police-brutality.php
For recent local news coverage of Leone's case: http://www.wicz.com/news2005/viewarticle.asp?a=23902
Hohol is completely right in his assessment; the implications of the injustice of Leone's case has implications for every American citizen but perhaps especially for Pennsylvanians. Share this far and wide!!!