Daily Paul Tutorial 1 - The Blue Menu BarSubmitted by Michael Nystrom on Sat, 08/11/2012 - 10:56
The Daily Paul has many features that you may not be aware of. Most of them have been painstakingly programmed into the site by the DP's resident magician, Joη. A big round of applause for Joη!
If you haven't turned your Blue Bar on, do so here.
Here is an introduction to some of the features, starting at the top left corner of the site. On the blue menu bar, we find links for the:
- Newest posts (in chronological order for the past 6 days). From that page we have a link to the:
- Archive of posts by day, since Day 1 of the site
- Top voted posts, sortable by Day, Week, Month, Quarter, Year and Ever.
- Latest You Tube videos posted to the site.
- Posts by State (Note - you have to make sure to classify your posts by state when making them (if appropriate) in order for this function to be useful to others!)
Pretty cool, huh? Continuing on we have posts sorted by most:
- Discussed, i.e. most commented upon.
- Contentious, i.e. posts with a roughly equal number of positive and negative votes.
Did you know you can bookmark posts? Use the link that says "Bookmark this" after each post to save it to your account.
In addition to these useful and interesting content views, the blue bar also has:
- Shortcuts to the various Forums, as well as a scrollable bar with shortcuts to specific forums. Discussion of a variety of topics relevant to Liberty are welcome on the Daily Paul.
- A search box to help you find stuff on the site. The site is huge!
- A shortcut for you to easily post forum topics to the site.
- And finally, a shortcut to your account.