You're ALL Right! Keep On Posting!Submitted by paceme on Mon, 09/03/2012 - 22:22
The current phase of the r3VOLution, the one led by Dr. Ron Paul, is over. It is moving into a new phase, and I'd like to describe what that is. First, though, many of us on DP have posted our views of how we should direct all our talent:
- Some have said we should all join the Libertarian Party and vote Gary Johnson.
- Some have said we should all stay Republicans and vote Gary Johnson this time.
- Some have said we should become Independent, divorce from politics and just work in our families/communities.
- Some have said we should bring everyone into the GOP and strengthen our grassroots effort, maybe with the Tea Party, to win more influence and eventually take over.
- Some have said that we are in an abusive relationship with the GOP, and the only way to end it is to walk away.
- Some have said that the PTB want us to walk away, so they can keep making things worse, and for that reason we shouldn't back down.
- Some have said that we should try to find one standard-bearer to rally around, and try to elevate the Judge, Rand, Amash, or someone else to the leader position.
- Some have said we should just support all Liberty messengers and fill spots with Liberty people from the bottom-up so we have lots of Liberty candidates in 4 years.
- Some of us are all about Johnson, some are all about Molyneux, some are all about Woods, some are all about Kokesh, some are all about Schiff, some are all about Rand.
- Most of us are all about Ron Paul.
In my opinion: You're all right!
In fact, there's no right or wrong here. There's just liberty. The message of liberty means that none of us is forcing anyone else to do anything. So, as long as we're all educating the people in the cause of liberty...
- If you want to work outside the system to bring it down, like Gandhi and MLKjr, more power to you!
- If you want to work inside the system to bring it down, like Mandela and Dr. Paul, more power to you!
- If you want to use alternative media and the Web to build a 3rd party image, more power to you!
- If you want to just teach your family and neighbors through non-agression, more power to you!
- If you want to wait a while and see what happens before making up your mind, more power to you!
Whatever you do:
- You must realize that your way is not the only way. Our individuality makes us useful in many ways.
- Don't feel like you can't advocate your position to get more people involved in your effort.
- Be understanding if it's not your prospect's cup of tea and help direct them to another Liberty effort.
Personally, I want to walk Ron Paul's footsteps for a while, so I'll be active in the GOP as so many are, and do my best to expose the hypocrisy and corruption, while trying to elevate discussions to incorporate reason, rights and responsibility.
Why is it ok for us to have such a "fractured" movement?
Well, here's my wild prediction for the future:
Somewhere between an economic collapse, WWIII and the democratization of knowledge through alternative media, I think that our liberty warriors will take over the GOP sometime in the next 8 years. The disenfranchised neoconservatives will then form a new Republican party. In the ensuing mess, our Liberty GOP will call for a permanent coalition of Libertarian, Constitution, Green and other third parties, along with disaffected Republicans, Democrats and Independents, with a simple one-page platform that is simply pro-liberty, leaving out any differences between the messages of the separate parties while emphasizing simply an end to crony capitalism and government abuse while promoting individual choice and state sovereignty.
My forecasting model (my brain) breaks down at that point because it could either be civil war or utopia. Who knows and who really cares? All that matters is that we all live in the present, be prepared, and that none of us are overly obsessed with getting everyone on our side. If I'm even remotely right, the independence of America and Americans depends on us having liberty people in every party (except the named socialist ones - yuck :P) and outside of the party, just being positive influences every day.
To sum up, as long as you believe in liberty and you make any effort to spread it, you are doing great! Be involved, and if you are already, be more involved! Try to span gaps, become a fusion influence, study philosophy and stay positive!
If you think I'm right, thanks, and comment anyway.
If you think I'm wrong, pat yourself on the back because you are probably proving my point, and please comment.