my response to a recent group email Why I Like MittSubmitted by Crabacado on Fri, 09/07/2012 - 00:00
Why I don't like him...
Let me preface with this comment: Mitt is definitely better and more qualified than Obama to lead this country. That I will not deny.
Having said that, Mitt is simply the lesser of two evils.
Obama is driving the American train towards a cliff at 90 MPH. Mitt is offering to slow down the train to 80 MPH and little else.
How can anyone be okay with that?
Obama signed the NDAA into law, allowing himself to authorize, answering to nobody, the assassination of anyone, including American citizens, anywhere in the world, even on US soil!
Mitt has stated he supports this!
Obama had the Federal Reserve print trillions of dollars to send overseas to support the interests of the American Empire, and stealing the wealth of an entire generation through inflation.
Mitt supports this.
Obama had the Federal reserve print trillions more to bail out Wall Street and the Big Banks after they robbed millions of people and lined their own pockets heavily.
Mitt supports this.
The Patriot Act and the TSA groping uselessly and not stopping a single threat since passed into law. Obama and Mitt are totally on the same page here. Yet who really benefited from this? The Federal government and their closest friends.
Mitt made a major power grab at the RNC in Tampa, at the last minute no less, and changed the RNC rules so only he has power within the RNC and a solely Top Down control structure. He has final say now (or any R presidential candidate in the future) as to which delegates are approved/credentialed for the convention.
The RNC is no longer a peoples party, but the party's party. Why would he do this?
The answer is to eliminate any chance of a brokered convention in the future. Yet a brokered convention might be the best thing that the Republican Party could ask for. Bring out peoples passions and let them know their voice will be heard. States rights have literally been stolen away from them. This is an outrage!
There is such little difference in the left and right. The two party, left-right paradigm is false and it has been exposed. Both parties are a wing of the very same bird and that bird is bigger government, increasing taxes, continued corruption and crony capitalism/facist corporatism.
We are on the road to serfdom and tyranny.
Mitt is complicit in this and YOU LIKE HIM?
Sorry, but Mitt Romney is an unconvicted felon, just like the guy he's trying to replace.
Anyone who supports either of these two clowns is pure sheeple and little else. Both support stealing our children's future. One is just going to steal it a little slower than the other.
Where is your outrage?
The two-party system is a fallacy and you have been brainwashed into thinking you have a choice. A choice of what speed this country goes off a cliff is not a choice, it's a crime against humanity.
BTW, the government does not create real jobs, it creates government jobs and very little else.
A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or that he doesn't "relate well" to people. Frankly, we struggled to understand why. So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten List to explain this “
Top Ten Reasons To like Mitt Romney:
1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.
2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)
4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.
5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School ...and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed. Can actually talk without a teleprompter (could result in layoffs in the teleprompter manufacturing industry come November)
6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's America ? Didn’t write a book extolling his drug habits while he tried to “find” himself like our current “ Moron in Chief”
7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, helped their neighbors when they needed a hand (instead of the government being our nanny) and went to Church,
8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab….didn't screw around, worked hard, and became SUCCESSFUL in life! But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, and that "choice" (according to NOW, Planned Parenthood and most liberals) deserves America 's scorn.
9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.
10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made most of that money HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad. And, for the record, the companies Bain owned created or saved 7 jobs in the U.S. for every one they outsourced abroad in direct conflict with Obama’s advertisements soliciting more people to go on food stamps (excuse us, SNAPS).
Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money made you un-relatable to Americans.
His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney
He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is 65 years old.
His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan
He was raised in Bloomfield Hills , Michigan
He is Married to Ann Romney since 1969; they five children.
B.A. from Brigham Young University ,
J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University
Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.
After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan bar exam, but never worked as an attorney.
In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the United States.
In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.
He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.
Some Interesting Facts about Romney:
Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store in Massachusetts, turned it into Description: no preview; now over 2,000 stores employing 90,000 people (…in the United States, just for the record).
Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies like:
Description: no preview, Description: http://www.proveedorhotelero.com/media/26/thb_sealy.jpg, Description: no preview, Description: no preview, Description: no preview, Description: no preview, Description: no preview, Description: no previewand many others.
He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.
He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's office for eight years.
He was an unpaid bishop and state president of his church for ten years.
He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.
He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.
He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.
Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens in terms of money, service and time than most men.
And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income.... Just for comparison purposes, Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%.
Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:
He will show us his birth certificate
He will show us his high school and college transcripts.
He will show us his social security card.
He will show us his law degree.
He will show us his draft notice.
He will show us his medical records.
He will show us he has nothing to hide.
Mitt Romney's background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and an excellent citizen for President of the United States .
You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility.
I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the current regime has gotten us into. We won't like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney's background can do it.
But, on the minus side, he never was a "Community Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk, did not associate with communists or terrorists, is not a Muslim, nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the U.S. [Oooops!]