How to Achieve Draft Ron Paul to Libertarian Party Vice Presidential Slot - 9/12/12Submitted by Keimh3reg Peh2u Meg on Thu, 09/13/2012 - 02:36
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
1. We have until Monday the 17th, possibly one or two days more to draft Ron Paul onto the Libertarian Party Presidential ticket. The first ballots go to print on September 22nd.
2. The idea of drafting Ron Paul to the Vice Presidential slot is probably the most viable. And given that there is so short of time to make it happen, it should be the main focus.
3. Convincing Ron Paul is the main objective. Everything else is secondary. It might take just that one letter or call to convince him. The more people that contact Paul or his offices, the more likely a draft can be achieved.
4. The Libertarian Party, even at some of the highest levels is receptive to our efforts. But it becomes harder and harder for them to help us help them with each passing moment. If Paul contacts them, they will do their best to make it all work out. That does not mean it necessarily will work out, because there are several complicated things that need to be worked out by them. This should not be our focus. Our focus in Ron Paul. We will let others who are already in place to do so, deal with the rest, namely the Libertarian Party and the Gary Johnson Campaign.
5. Jesse Benton, one person who might be a particular hindrance to our effort, has just resigned from the Ron Paul campaign and Campaign for Liberty.
GOALS AND HOW TO ACHIEVE THEM
1. Get Ron Paul to Contact the Gary Johnson Team and the LIbertarian Party and tell them he would like to be Gary Johnson’s running mate by,
A. Contacting Ron Paul and his offices via email, mail, and phone, letting him know that you still support him, we can’t wait four more years, and the Libertarian Party, the message of Liberty, and the Country need his help, and
B. Getting others to Contact Ron Paul and his offices via email, mail, phone, and let him know that they still support him, they can’t wait four more years, and the Libertarian Party, the message of Liberty, and the Country need his help. This is best done with people who already support Paul, as it will take less time to convince them and they will know the things to say to Doctor Paul when they contact him or his offices.
2. Get Gary Johnson and Ron Paul into the debates by getting them 15% in three nation-wide polls by,
A.Getting Paul on the ticket as 15% may be unattainable without him,
B.Contacting polls and telling them you want them to include Gary Johnson in their questions, and
C.Saying you will vote for Gary Johnson if you are polled, even if you are still undecided, or even if you do not plan on voting for him, so that he at least has a shot of getting in the debates, so that the message of Liberty and the prospects of future third parties are maximized.
A. Be short if you can. But even if he does not read every piece of mail, simply being inundated will speak to him. And just because one office is not allowed to deal with such requests, it does not mean they will not feel the pressure and react positively to it.
Lake Jackson, Texas Office
Congressman Ron Paul
122 West Way, Suite 30
Lake Jackson TX 77566
Victoria, Texas Office
Congressman Ron Paul
1503 East Mockingbird Lane
Victoria TX 77904
D.Washington, D.C. Office
Congressman Ron Paul
203 Cannon House Office Building
Washington D.C. 20515
Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
8000 Forbes Place, Suite 200
Springfield VA 22151
A. If you are not able to talk to anyone, leave a message. If they direct you to call another number or send an email, do so. Be polite but let them know you are impatient and zealous for Liberty.
Lake Jackson Texas Office
Victoria, Texas Office
Washington, D.C. Office
1-202-225-2831 (9 AM to 6 PM Eastern, Monday through Friday)
Headquarters (Toll Free): 1-855-886-9779 (hours?)
Headquarters (Local): 1-703-563-6620 (hours?)
Headquarters Fax: 1-703-563-7330 (hours?)
3. Ron Paul Congressional Website Contact Form
A. Be short if you can. He does not generally reply to people who are not his constituents, but that does not mean he or his staff do not read his emails.
B.One sample letter that was perhaps too long but had the right ideas: http://pauljohnson2012.wordpress.com/2012/09/08/letter-i-sen...
4. RonPaul2012 Petition
A. Sign the Petition and urge others to do so. 20,000 signatures are needed, preferably many more. http://RonPaul2012.net
SPREADING THE WORD
A. WeNeedPaul Facebook Group
If you are not in the group already, please join.
Post only things relevant to drafting Doctor Paul.
Share the group with friends via invitation or sharing to other groups.
B. Post in other Ron Paul, and even Gary Johnson groups.
Do not be antagonistic.
Try to convince people that already support Ron Paul to contact him.
Do not waste your time with those who overreact before they even know what the general idea is.
If you have a twitter account, use it to tweet links to relevant information to drafting Ron Paul, making sure you have a line such as “#RonPaul can still win” or “#JohnsonPaul2012” or “#GaryJohnsonNeeds15%” or “Keep the Message of #LIberty Front and Center”.
B. If people respond negatively, try to ignore them.
C. If people respond positively, follow up, keep tweeting, connect with them on other social networks, private message them, etc.
3. Blog sites like Tumblr, Blogspot, WordPress, etc.
A. If you already have a blog or think you can create and manage one without wasting time, please use it to spread the word. Tumblr is the easiest to use, and potentially, with the aid of tags, the best to spread the word. BlogSpot and WordPress, along with others are more complicated, but if you already have one, please utilize it.
A. Reddit is one way to spread the word to a lot of people incredibly quickly, and target who receives the message with the use of subreddits. If you have a good rapport, take advantage of it. Use subreddits like /r/ronpaul (24,000 subscribers), and /r/Libertarian (50,000 subscribers). These are your best subreddits, but if you think it will have positive effect, include subreddits like /r/GaryJohnson (6000 subscribers).
A. Stumbleupon has potential to reach even more people than reddit, but it may be harder to target who receives the message without some very clever tagging.
6. Google Plus
A. If you have a gmail account, you already have access to Google Plus.
B. If you already have lots of email contacts on gmail or circles on Google Plus, utilize them. If you do not but you are able to friend people who will be receptive to the message. If you don’t want to clutter your inbox, set up another account for the purpose of spreading the word on drafting Paul. It is easy to do if you have the time and inclination.
C. Share the relevant information from facebook, blogs and websites to Google Plus. It can also be used to share images. Google Plus may be the best medium for images. They garb the eye, and spark interest. Make sure you follow up. People may like an image or a meme that you shared, but unless you tell them what its all about it won’t mean anything.
A. If you have friends or associates on LinkedIn, spread the word there.
B. LinkedIn is a business network. It may have its own set of advantages and disadvantages for you to work with/around.
8. Blog Talk Radio
A. If you have any other platform, use it. Some have already volunteered to use their BlogTalk stations to spread the word.
9. DailyPaul and Ron Paul Forums
A. These are quite possibly the very best vessels for grassroots organizing. Unfortunately they have become rife with division between those wanting to write-in Ron Paul and those wanting to vote for Gary Johnson. So we are somewhat of a minority. Just something to keep in mind so you know what to expect.
10. Calling and Email Friends and Acquaintances
B. If all else fails, or you are not able or capable of using other means, email and call people you think might give this effort a chance. In fact, your closest friends, provided they already support or like Ron Paul, should be your top priority in getting the word out.
SITES TO VISIT AND GROUPS TO CONTACT
WeNeedPaul.The main website, which due to Evan Cutler’s recent illness is not updated. Use the Facebook group to stay updated and submit information in the meantime.
B. Sign the Petition!
C. Another site to visit for information and updates, but not as focused as the WeNeedPaul facebook group page
B. Campaign for Liberty
C. Young Americans for Liberty
1. Create your own images or memes. Stay on topic and make them stand out. But do not let this be the bulk of your effort.
2. Here are some samples that anyone may use,
GARY JOHNSON CONTACT INFORMATION
Not a priority to contact Johnson, but here is the info just in case
1. Gary Johnson must work this out with Dr. Paul and Judge Gray
2. Email or call Gary Johnson and tell him if he wants to win this is the only way. That is not blackmail. It is the truth. He can't get in the debates without 15% in three nation wide polls. He can't reach that without Ron Paul's and his supporters' help.
4. (801) 303-7922