Analysis of the Current Factions on the Daily PaulSubmitted by Michael Nystrom on Sat, 09/15/2012 - 13:05
- The No One But Paul! faction. Two subsets:
- "Ron Paul can still actually win!"
- "I can't bring myself to vote for anyone else"
- The Vote Gary Johnson faction. Also two subsets:
- GJ can actually win!
- "Let's send a message to the GOP!"
- The I'm not voting for nobody faction. "Voting is a scam, and I refuse to be anyone's monkey."
- The Vote Romney faction. "Because Ron Paul told us to stay in the GOP."
- The Vote Obama faction. "Let's really punish the GOP!"
Any others that I missed?
People say we need to "be united," but that is not true. We are all individuals and we need to follow our own paths. People say, "Ron Paul united us, so we should do what he says." But that is not true either. Ron Paul did not unite us, we all voluntarily chose to unite behind him. There is a big difference. And that difference means that there is no need to drop our individuality now. We are still all united in our love of liberty, regardless of how we choose to express it.
Whatever path you choose - and all pursuers of all are welcome here - what I ask is that you please don't attack one another. Furthermore, please don't preach about how your path is the one and only true and correct path. This is getting tiresome. Your path is the one true and correct one, for you, for now. Don't try to force others into it. Offer your observations and explain and share with us what you're doing and why, but don't expect people to follow you.
This is my observation on the first faction: No One But Paul - was a campaign slogan. It originated in the grassroots, but was coopted by the Campaign and used to great effect for a moneybomb that raised a lot of money. But clearly, from the campaign's leadership perspective, it was nothing more than a slogan.
No one but Paul... And Mitch McConnell?