Some Libertarians Just Want to Watch the World BurnSubmitted by Dixie-Paleocon on Wed, 10/10/2012 - 19:27
Quick quiz, name the country:
- whose farms produce 20% of the world’s calories
- who is the leading semiconductor manufacturer and exporter (and this country’s top export industry)
- whose manufacturing base is the world’s largest
- who is the largest recipient of FDI and the second largest exporter
- whose entertainment and culture are pirated, siphoned, copied and continuously consumed globally (go to kat.ph/movies, how many of the top 100 are made in China?)
- whose labor participation rate is at a 30 year low yet still produces the same amount of economic activity as ever before
Why are some misanthropic analysts throwing the baby out with the bath water when it is clear that the US has not collapsed or will collapse in the near future?
For example, not to single this reader out, but the comment from Mangix in yesterday’s blog post touches on a number of myth’s that are currently popular in some corners of the blogsphere:
so if china doesn’t present a particularly strong growth opportunity, what does?
According to Jim Rogers, capital has slowly been moving from the west to the east and since you can’t have capitalism without capital…
It boggles the mind that anything in the west would have any growth opportunity since most western governments are loaded with billions and trillions dollars of debt.
There are at least three problems with this: