Why would you not vote?Submitted by jruss133 on Wed, 10/17/2012 - 10:04
These are some of my favorites. Feel free to add your own.
1. You know that if voting were the answer to the problem, it would have prevented the problem from occurring in the first place.
2. You know the incumbent almost always wins.
3. You don’t believe the majority is always right. Your parents told you the truth when they said they didn’t care what the other kids did, you ought to do what’s right on your own.
4. You believe you are victimized by politics and politicians. You don’t want to give the sanction of the victim to any politician.
5. You think all candidates are lying. You think the candidates would say anything, promise anything, and do anything to get elected.
6. You are not going to waste your time voting. You have something better to do.
7. You think the political parties are a collection of people who combine to attain power over others, and have rigged the game in their favor.
8. You don’t have an intelligent or logical reason to vote. You prefer to act in ways that make sense to you.
9. You know it doesn’t make a difference who wins. It won’t make a difference to you.
10. You think the government has your name on a enough pieces of paper.
11. You know that, contrary to public opinion, if you vote you have no right to complain.
12. You are not allowed to vote. You did not register.
13. You know you are not qualified to make such a choice.
14. You object to secret ballots or electronic voting machines.
15. You think it’s immoral to impose your view on others.
16. You know the candidate you would vote for could win, and you don't want to be liable for his actions.
17. You know the present political system doesn’t work. You think not voting makes a bigger statement than voting.
Sources- George Carlin, George Gordon, John Roscoe, Ned Roscoe