Restoring Liberty in North America; could a Sound Money Sparkle bring down the Planners' System of Things ?Submitted by Cyril on Tue, 10/23/2012 - 05:40
North America alone has produced 55 millions ounces of silver in 2011 :
USA = 36 M.oz ; Canada = 19 M.oz.
Consistently, Wikipedia reports that 1,200 metric tons of silver were produced by the USA in 2007 (roughly 38 M.oz) :
Per the same WP page, those 38 M.oz / 1,200 metric tons were also, in 2007, only roughly a third of USA's annual use, the rest being imported from Mexico, Canada, Peru, and Chile.
I thus assume that the USA need roughly 110+ M.oz per year for all national usages, across the board : trade, industry manufacture, artistic usages, whatnots.
what would happen if only 20 millions of Americans and Canadians (mixed) would decide to acquire just 5 ounces of silver each, almost "all at once" ... that is, say, in a "short" period of time (less than a couple months) ?
I do not know the definitive answer. I do not know if anyone knows.
But pure logic gives us a few clues or points to ponder about.
5 ounces * 20 millions holders = 100 M.oz.
1) 100 M.oz would already VERY LIKELY exceed more than 75% of the industrial usages alone for silver, and for both countries, USA + Canada, combined, and for an ENTIRE YEAR;
2) Q: would that be EVEN POSSIBLE to import the missing dozens of millions of ounces (for industrial usages) in just a matter of 2 to 3 months, and from anywhere on the planet towards North America, just to keep the industry working ? If not : what does that tell us further to backup the next point ?
3) silver being real money and nicely divisible : even at a spot price skyrocketing up to 10 times as much (tops ?) as today's (~ USD 33/oz), that would still allow for these holders to own no more than 50 more coins of 1/10 oz, at USD 33 each (i.e., USD 330/oz after such market correction)... for a total investment of anywhere between USD 160+ to USD 1600+;
4) Q: what if those 20 millions of simple, self-reliant individuals do actually exist out there and could indeed afford, for themselves, to go for such a bullish action, voluntarily, out of their free will and mere guts, because they understand and care about sound money and if only about their own families' future ?
5) Q: what if the World Wide Web is enough to spread this idea, already, unlike before 1989 ?
N) Q: could that be a useful sparkle towards further market corrections and GOOD money, for more Liberty be restored ?