To Avoid Strangulation, Do Not Repeat These Top 10 Myths When in the Company of Ron Paul SupportersSubmitted by RobHino on Thu, 11/01/2012 - 23:26
Take a deep breath...here is a list of the top 10 phrases Ron Paul supporters hear too often and have to refrain from strangling the people saying them. (Clearly strangulation would not be in agreement with the non-aggression principle!)
10. Paul Ryan is a libertarian and a fiscal hawk.
No, no he is not. Paul Ryan advocated or voted for TARP, auto bailouts, expanding Medicare, expanding unemployment benefits, a national ID, the Patriot Act, warrantless surveillance through CISPA, indefinite detention through the MCA 2006, No Child Left Behind, and the 2008 stimulus package.
9. Ron Paul delegates hijacked state conventions and tried to hijack the RNC in Tampa to nominate Paul. If they did that, millions of primary voters will be disenfranchised.
No, no they didn't and uh...no they wouldn't have. Ron Paul delegates in no way seized control of state conventions by use of force as the word hijack suggests. We prepared, studied, organized, volunteered, sacrificed, but most importantly, we showed up. Ron Paul supporters overcame corruption, cheating, assaults and false arrests on the road to Tampa. We were elected and confirmed majorities in at least 6 delegations going into Tampa: Nevada, Iowa, Oregon, Minnesota, Alaska and the Virgin Islands. Delegations from Maine, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, and Louisiana were decredentialized through Team Romney-run committees. Last minute rule changes, teleprompters and bus drivers were used to stifle the grassroots.
8. Mitt Romney saved the Olympics.
This one grinds my gears! Mitt Romney didn't save the Olympics. He managed a 1.3 billion dollar bailout with no transparency. I guess it could have been Jon Huntsman running against Obama, but Huntsman didn't make the cut in Salt Lake City in 2002, though he did serve his purpose in 2012 as we'll see at later.
7. Ron Paul is a racist, an isolationist, and he wants to legalize heroin.
SMH...no, no, and no he doesn't. Ron Paul is not a racist, nor an isolationist, nor does he want to legalize heroin. Ron Paul doesn't want to legalize drugs! He wants each state to determine their own drug laws as the people of those states see fit.
6. Ron Paul didn't win ONE state! Move on already!
See No. 9 above. In the primaries, winning means delegate pluralities, not popular vote victories. We live in a Republic NOT a Democracy. Do you know the difference?
5. So...who are you supporting now that Ron Paul dropped out, Romney or Obama. You have to pick one, so who's it going to be? Romney is the lesser of two evils...
I prefer to say the evil of two lessers. I've already cast my ballot.
4. Ron Paul supporters didn't start the Tea Party. It was started in 2009.
Ron Paul most definitely inspired the modern-day Tea Party in 2007, and it caught fire in 2009 after mainstream Republicans jumped on the bandwagon and redirected its priorities. It is now a joke that the Tea Party endorses the likes of Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney. The Tea Party was started in OPPOSITION to politicians like Gingrich and Romney, and now the leadership endorses them.
3. Ron Paul supporters are disruptive, don't follow rules, and are a cult of personality.
Did you notice the trend? Go back and look...hijacked, racist, isolationist, favors legalizing hard drugs, disruptive, break rules, cult...
This is all the Establishment and the Money Power has against Dr. Paul and the ideas of Liberty. They can only demonize us. Because if they debate us, they lose. It is so obvious we'll be on the right side of history...if our ideas prevail. If our ideas cannot fend off those that seek to control our existence, our struggles will be erased from history books.
2. I like Ron Paul, but he's unelectable. Or, I like Ron Paul, except his foreign policy.
How many times have you heard those?! Add "unelectable" to the list directly above. This one probably stuck the most and was the most damning...and quite annoying.
How getting elected 11 times to Congress qualifies him as unelectable never made any sense to me.
Anyone that followed the delegate race from the beginning suspects the nomination was stolen from Ron Paul by the Money Power and their Establishment. It's indisputable now that Ron Paul did win Iowa, but as we witnessed, it was held back from the public whether deliberately or ineptly by the complicit and controlled media.
In New Hampshire, I have a sneaky suspicion that John Huntsman was part of Team Romney's plan to defeat Congressman Paul.
Why do I have that suspicion?
- Well for starters, that's an old trick rumored to have been used by former RNC Chairmen Lee Atwater. If you haven't seen the documentary, Boogie Man: The Lee Atwater Story, watch it! Go to the 13:00 minute mark to the section called, 1978 Divide & Conquer. Or you can read the transcript here. You can also read a little more about that race between Campbell and Heller here.
- This Huntsman ad for New Hampshire paints Ron Paul as a conspiracy theorist: The Ron Paul Chronicle
- This Huntsman ad for New Hampshire paints Ron Paul as Unelectable & a Racist: Unelectable
- Then there is this connection to the Huntsman family.
- And this from 2005.
- Not sure how relevant this is.
- And then the results?!
If it was a fair race, Ron Paul would have been declared the winner of Iowa since...well, he won. That would have shed the "unelectable" label, and it's not a stretch to think he could have gone on to win New Hampshire. It's a whole different race then. Then the vote flipping in South Carolina! I guess we'll never know, and we'll always wonder.
Regarding Ron Paul's foreign policy, I don't see what's so bad about:
- bringing all our troops home
- only engaging in defensive and declared wars
- ending foreign aid when we're over 16 trillion in debt
- cutting bloated military budgets
And the number 1 Myth to Avoid Saying Around Ron Paul Supporters is...
1. If you vote for Ron Paul or third party, you're wasting your vote and helping re-elect Obama!
This is wrong on so many levels. I think I'll list my Top 10 responses to this asinine remark.
- How would I be "helping re-elect" Obama by voting for Gary Johnson or writing in Ron Paul or not voting? Please explain that logic.
- If you vote your heart and vote your conscience, you can't waste a vote.
- Does voting third party waste your vote?
- The Wasted Vote Syndrome
- I don't live in a swing state, so your argument is invalid.
- So because I prefer RC Cola, I'm helping Pepsi beat Coca-Cola?
- "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - Johny Quincy Adams
- I have no faith in any party and this logic only strengthens the two party system which I despise greatly.
- The Only Choice on November 6th
- Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich
What are some other things some people say that really get to you, and what are some other ways you respond to these statements?
Check out my website! The chrome R3VOLUTION car emblems should be arriving in the next couple weeks! Get one while they're available!