Ideas to reduce the debt despite the existence of the FedSubmitted by Tony K. on Thu, 11/08/2012 - 17:48
I don't see the Federal Reserve going anywhere anytime soon. I also think the U.S. gov't is an arm of a hierarchial group of puppeteers and the debt debate is an illusion to keep us divided. But conspiracy theories aside, if there were enough honest people inside the beast, which practical measures to you propose to reduce the debt while satisfying the left/right and moving toward liberty, peace and prosperity. I have some ideas that, on paper, seem like it could bring (R's) & (D's) with integrity together in recognition of a basic truth--the economy is not sustainable.
1) Allow for competing currencies (break the Fed monopoly)
2) End all corporate subsidies (energy, ag, pharma..)
3) End all foreign occupation and monetary aid
4) Divest of any unoccupied federal properties
5) "You pick, I pick" dept to abolish
*Ex-->(D) pick: DHS (R) pick: Interior