Election Reform PetitionSubmitted by DynoMutt on Tue, 11/13/2012 - 15:55
Ensure open and fair elections through comprehensive election reform.
1. Refocus elections on the candidates' ideas by limiting the funds allowed to be spent by candidates or on behalf of candidates, and by
Looks like people are really getting into making petitions this month.
limiting the number of allowed references (specifically or generally) to opponents in political advertising by (or on behalf of) a candidate.
2. Attempt to ensure quality of information in advertising by requiring campaign claims to be provable.
3. National debates should include any candidate with enough ballot access to potentially win an election.
4. Identify the calendar year prior to a major federal election as a "blackout period" regarding the implementation of any law that impacts voters; this includes redistricting and voter identification laws.
5. Impose term limits for all elected federal offices to avoid "career politicians".