Why Texas would flourish as an independent Republic based on liberty, not debtSubmitted by legalizeliberty on Thu, 11/15/2012 - 13:48
(NaturalNews) Citizens from all 50 U.S. states have now filed petitions with the White House asking for "peaceful secession" from the union. According to Daily Caller, more than 675,000 petition signatures have now been collected.
The Texas petition now has over 100,000 signatures, and more signatures are appearing by the hour.
It raises the practical question: Could Texas survive as a nation state if it secedes from the union?
The short answer is YES.
No state is better positioned than Texas to fend for itself
As you'll see here, Texas is unquestionably the state best positioned to function as its own nation. Here's why:
• Texas is a fiercely independent culture. It has already been its own nation, the Republic of Texas, from 1836 to 1846.
• Texas is the only state with its own independent power grid.
• Texas can grow more than enough food to feed itself (and trade with neighboring states).
• Texas is the energy empire of America, with massive resources of natural gas, petroleum, solar and wind. It contains the largest untapped oil reserves in North America, save for Alaska.
• Texas has physical possession of America's oil refineries. (Key strategic resource!)