Pentagon Revolving Door: Generals Strike Gold In Private Defense IndustrySubmitted by Peace Gold Love on Thu, 11/29/2012 - 16:02
- Retired generals can make more than their yearly military pay by serving on corporate boards.
- Contractors have increased spending on lobbying for 40 percent in the last five years.
- The U.S. government paid the top five defense contractors $113 billion in 2011.
- As of early 2012, 68 percent of lobbyists for the top five defense contractors had prior public sector experience.
- Pentagon rules prohibiting the revolving door are riddled with loopholes.
Full Report from CREW, below: