How to Play Poker (and Gamble) in the U.S.Submitted by rpcongress on Thu, 11/29/2012 - 18:21
Warning! The government probably doesn't want you to know this, which means you should probably know it.
You are now re-freed to play poker online for money.
Playing poker online and other forms of gambling exploded in popularity as Internet usage did in the late 90s. But, unfortunately, since the U.S. government doesn't approve such behavior laws and actions were quickly introduced to squash the activity.
The Obama Administration successfully stamped out online poker and gambling on leading sites like Pokerstars which hosted wildly popular games like no limit Texas Hold 'em. They did this by preventing U.S. players moving any money by credit card or bank account to any gambling site, whether in the U.S. or not.
That has now been remedied. You can play poker (and do other gambling) now anonymously for money using Bitcoin. The leading Bitcoin poker site SealsWithClubs.eu is growing in popularity, and as of this post has 93 players online at 11 tables.
How to start playing poker in less than one hour:
1. Create a free wallet at Blockchain.info (or download and install wallet software from bitcoin.org)
2. Go to BitInsant.com and in the 'Pay From' field select 'Cash deposit', and in the 'Pay to' field select 'Bitcoin Address'.
3. Fill in your bitcoin address you generate from blockchain.info (or your computer bitcoin wallet), enter the amount of USD you want to deposit, and the other information.
4. Click 'Send Funds' and follow the instructions
5. You should have your bitcoins in about 30 minutes!
6. Go to SealsWithClubs.eu and create a free account in 30 seconds using no identifying information to start playing!
Remember to play responsibly! You are completely responsible for your own actions - as it should be ;)
Lastly... F#@! the Federal Reserve System and F@#$ the Nanny State!