"LOOPER": American gun laws in 2044.Submitted by Dialed-IN on Tue, 01/01/2013 - 17:55
In the 2012 Movie "LOOPER" With Joseph Gordon Levitt. Which takes place in an economically depressed Kansas in 2044.
1) Crime is rampant and Crime Syndicates run the cities.
2) There is a noticeable lack of automatic AND semi-automatic gun.
3) GATS: The Antagonists henchmen "Gat Men" carry high caliber REVOLVERS called "Gats" instead of semiautomatic handguns (NO: Glocks/1911s/etc) http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8t7v0n61z1qz4cs6o1_500.jpg
4) BLUNDERBUSS: One noticeable weapon that sounds like a Sen. Feinstein invention is a altered handle-griped shotgun called a "Blunderbuss" which cant be shoulder aimed, will kill anything within 15 feet, but wont kill anything farther away than that. I can foresee a law using logic that if you need to shoot it in true self defense, you don't need to shoot at anyone thats more than 15 feet away. https://www.loopernetwork.com/images/equipment/blunderbuss2.png
5) The HQ of the Antagonist Crime Lord does have what appear to be automatic AR-15s . However the barrels are really short and only have the appearance of automatic fire through the use of it's "Bump-Fire Stock".
6) The Female lead's only home defense is her grandfathered wooden stocked 12-gauge shotgun, from the 20th Century.
Great movie and shows us things to keep in mind when talking about new gun laws.