Use this Questionnaire to detect Liberty candidates!Submitted by Gilligan on Sat, 01/05/2013 - 18:18
GOP County and State party leadership elections are coming up this month, and it's often difficult to determine which candidates support Liberty.
This survey is meant to help.
Administering this survey to your party candidates can be very enlightening. And if they refuse to respond, that says a lot, too.
Some awesome activists here developed and administered this survey to our County GOP party candidates, and posted the results on a website for all the PC's to review before our County meeting.
Here are the questions: (Each question should be followed by a scale indicating "strongly agree" to "strongly disagree". These are omitted here for ease of reading.)
1) The federal government should have the power to prohibit the sale, use, or carrying of assault weapons or their ammunition.
2) The Patriot Act is a vital weapon in the War on Terror.
3) A national ID card is necessary to combat illegal immigration and voter fraud.
4) All juries should be informed of their right to nullify laws they consider unjust.
5) Employee Free Choice Act (“card check”) legislation is crucial to protecting worker’s rights.
6) Regular audits of the Federal Reserve would have a detrimental effect on the economy, because they would compromise the agency’s independence.
7) The IRS should be abolished.
8) The federal government should not have authority over social issues, such as same-sex marriage and abortion.
9) The introduction of a public option to the national healthcare system would enhance consumer choice and lower the costs.
10) Cap-and-trade legislation is essential to keeping the climate change in check.
11) Tax increases are an indispensable part of solving the budget deficit.
12) The United States needs a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution that includes hard spending limits.
13) The United States should abolish capital gains and sales taxes on gold and silver.
14) The US should withdraw from the United Nations.
15) I support the creation of a North American Union.
16) I support Arizona’s nullification of the National Defense Authorization Act (HR4310), Sec 1021.
17) The Tenth Amendment allows state law to supersede federal law when dealing with “powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution.”
18) US troops may serve under United Nations command while fighting terrorism and other threats to global security.
19) A formal declaration of war by Congress is required in order to launch an offensive military campaign against another country.
20) The United States should intervene militarily to stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.
21) The primary elections in Arizona should be replaced with a caucus system.
22) Citizens United should be repealed.
23) Members of Congress should have at least 72 hours to read any bill before it is allowed to come to the house floor.