Rand Paul TruceSubmitted by Tman2000 on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 01:59
I have been pilloried in the comments section for my view on Rand Paul.
Let's just say that now is the time for all of us to declare a truce.
How about this:
1) We all are rooting for Rand Paul. His campaign will be exciting. It will be attacked from all sides.
2) We will all defend Rand Paul's defense of liberty-minded ideas all over the internet and everywhere else.
3) Whether we support the GOP or not, we will enthusiastically root for, help out, or support those who are working within it to help Rand.
But, the compromise:
4) Not everyone will be willing to vote for him. Not everyone will even want him to win. Some of us will really support him. Some of us will really oppose his winning.
5) Not everyone will want to give him money. Some of us will give up meals to donate.
6) Some will get heavily involved in the GOP. Some have renounced it.
In other words, this will not be Ron Paul 2.0.
So, we who support not Rand shall not condemn those who in the forums do, and those who support Rand shall not condemn those who otherwise so choose.