The Middle Class In America Is Being Wiped Out—Here Are 60 Facts That Prove ItSubmitted by Sethster82 on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 11:00
1. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the middle class is taking home a smaller share of the overall income pie than has ever been recorded before.
2. As the middle class shrinks, more Americans than ever have been forced to become dependent on the federal government. Federal spending on welfare programs has reached nearly a trillion dollars a year, and that does not even count Social Security or Medicare. Welfare spending is now 16 times larger than when the “war on poverty” began.
3. Median household income in the U.S. has fallen for four consecutive years. Overall, it has declined by over $4000 during that time span.
4. The U.S. economy continues to trade good paying jobs for low paying jobs. 60 percent of the jobs lost during the last recession were mid-wage jobs, but58 percent of the jobs created since then have been low wage jobs.
5. The number of Americans living in poverty has increased by more than 15 million since the turn of the century.
6. The number of Americans on food stamps has grown from 17 million in the year 2000 to more than 47 million today.
Continue reading here: http://www.yaliberty.org/posts/the-middle-class-in-america-i...