RandPaul2016.com might be a Scam.Submitted by Garan on Thu, 01/24/2013 - 02:04
I'm skeptical. Maybe I'm wrong. Please offer proof if you disagree.
Otherwise, please give the post an up-vote if it looks fishy to you as well.
I'm putting my DailyPaul approval rating on the line for this, so be please be kind.
It's just that at face value, RandPaul2016.com does not look genuine to me, and the site is asking for donations.
Here are the reasons.
- Rand Paul's official site is: www.paul.senate.gov
- RandPaul2016.com says: "Paid for and Authorized by Rand Paul for US Senate". However, there is no click-through to such an organization and I couldn't find it with a simple google search.
- The articles appear to be basically the same ones that appear on paul.senate.gov .
- The "About" page is not about the site or any organization of the site, it is "about" Rand Paul. This looks like the site is avoiding showing legitimacy.
- The RandPaul2016.com domain name registration information (owner, registrar, etc) is private/hidden through an internet WHOIS privacy service (DomainsByProxy.com).
- Site says: "Powered by Can Do". This appears to be unprofessional to me. Admittedly this is a weak point, yet a contributing point none-the-less.
- Finally, the site asks for money which goes to RandPaul2016, not some other Rand Paul "official" organization (not even the supposed "Rand Paul for US Senate").
It is important to check our sources carefully.
The DailyPaul people should know or at least be able to see through a scam site.
If you think I am wrong, make a donation to RandPaul2016.com . I dare you. :)