Ex-LAPD Manifesto - What pushed a good man into a killer?Submitted by pmpowell001 on Fri, 02/08/2013 - 20:54
Uncensored Manifesto from Retired LAPD Officer Christopher Dorner
4. From: Christopher Jordan Dorner /7648
6. To: America
8. Subj: Last resort
10. Regarding CF# 07-004281
11. Christopher Dorner w/ Chief William Bratton
13. Christopher Dorner w/ Chief William Bratton
15. I know most of you who personally know me are in disbelief to hear from media reports that I am suspected of committing such horrendous murders and have taken drastic and shocking actions in the
last couple of days. You are saying to yourself that this is completely out of character of the man you knew who always wore a smile wherever he was seen. I know I will be villified by the LAPD and the media.
17. Unfortunately, this is a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name. The department has not changed since the Rampart and Rodney King days. It has gotten worse. The consent decree should never have been lifted. The only thing that has evolved from the consent decree is those officers involved in the Rampart scandal and Rodney King incidents have since promoted to supervisor, commanders, and command staff, and executive positions.
19. The question is, what would you do to clear your name?
21. A word or set of words by which a person, animal, place, or thing is known, addressed, or referred
23. Name Synonyms;
24. reputation, title, appellation, denomination, repute.
26. A name is more than just a noun, verb, or adjective. It’s your life, your legacy, your journey, sacrifices, and everything you’ve worked hard for every day of your life as and adolescent, young adult and adult. Don’t let anybody tarnish it when you know you’ve live up to your own set of ethics and personal ethos.
29. In 8/07 I reported an officer (Ofcr. Teresa Evans/now a Sergeant), for kicking a suspect (excessive force) during a Use of Force while I was assigned as a patrol officer at LAPD’s Harbor Division. While cuffing the suspect, (Christopher Gettler), Evans kicked the suspect twice in the chest and once in the face. The kick to the face left a visible injury on the left cheek below the eye. Unfortunately after reporting it to supervisors and investigated by PSB (internal affairs investigator Det. Villanueva/Gallegos), nothing was done. I had broken their supposed “Blue Line”.