What Are the Qualifications To Become A Sheriff?Submitted by vinceableworld on Mon, 04/01/2013 - 07:18
There's only one: Get the most votes.
I've heard from the occasional soul that "you have to be a cop before you can become sheriff." This is categorically untrue.
Should you win and serve with honor you are required by your oath of office to do the following (and not limited to):
1) Regulate federal activity within your county. Techincally the FEDs are not supposed to be outside of the 10 mile square in DC. They have no jurisdiction anywhere in the country other than what these bought off sheriffs give them by looking the other way.
2) CEASE regulation on the substances that people put into their bodies. There are no powers delegated to government by the people that allows for this.
3) DO NOT INTERFERE with private contracts, which basically means MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. Unless someone asks for your help you're not supposed to be forcing your "help" on them (they might not think it's "help").
...which would create the following:
1) A very loud "sucking sound" as the surrounding counties empty out into the free one where the economy is booming and there are plenty of opportunities. With hemp production there are a ridiculous amount businesses and jobs that would be created, just for starters.
2) A very pressing need for the surrounding counties to get their own sheriffs to start honoring their oaths of office or suffer the fate of being turned into ghost counties. No public official gets paid if nobody is around to pay any taxes.
So in summary: Sheriff, sheriff, sheriff... sheriff sheriff sheriff... sheriff sheriff sheriff... if you are paying attention to any other politician you've been DUPED into chasing pipe dreams instead of actually working to restore constitutional government.