Everyone sees what they want to seeSubmitted by Michael Nystrom on Wed, 04/03/2013 - 10:36
In response to: Truthers continue to see what they want to see.
Everyone sees what they want to see:
- The truthers and the antitruthers;
- The believers and the non-believers;
- The Paul supporters and the Paul haters;
- The statists and the anarchists;
- The gold bugs and the paper pushers;
- The carnivores and the vegans;
- The Keyensianists and the Austrianists;
- The IP defenders and the trashers;
- The Republicans, the Democrats.
Isn't that clear enough by now? Doesn't all the data here on the DP point in that direction? There is no way we can have unity, nor is there reason to. People believe what they believe until they change their mind. Or rather, until their minds are mystically, magically changed.
Don't take it personally, and don't hold it against anyone.
People see what they want to see. Everyone does it.