"Bring a Whistle:" Rally to Support Edward Snowden in Hong Kong - Download signs/flyersSubmitted by barracuda_trader on Thu, 06/13/2013 - 04:07
Rally to Support Edward Snowden HK - 香港聲援愛德華．斯諾登
Download signs/placards (or make your own):
- Albert Ho, Chairman of HK Alliance & ex-Democratic Party leader: "Why this case is important for HK's future"
- Law Yuk Kai, Director, HK Human Rights Monitor: “Hong Kong’s legal system & international legal system"
- Ip lam Chong, In-Media HK: “The implications of Edward Snowden coming to Hong Kong”
- Claudia Mo, LegCo member, founding member of Civic Party: “Whistleblowers and free speech in HK”
- Charles Mok, LegCo: “The right to communicate safely online and freedom of expression”
Meet 3pm, Chater Garden, Central Exit J2 | 本周六下午3點中環地鐵 J2出口
Bloomberg: Hong Kong Groups Plan Protest to Support Edward Snowden
“We ask the U.S. government not to seek extradition of Snowden because he isn’t an offender,” said Leung Kwok-hung, a Hong Kong lawmaker and chairman of the League of Social Democrats. “He was speaking from his conscience.”
At least 14 groups, including the Civil Human Rights Front and the League of Social Democrats, will demonstrate June 15 at the U.S. consulate in Hong Kong and the city government headquarters to demand Edward Snowden be protected. Snowden is in Hong Kong at an undisclosed location.