What I've Done and I'm Doing for LibertySubmitted by Doug Eberhardt on Sat, 06/29/2013 - 14:18
July 1st will be my 6 year anniversary for Daily Paul. For those 6 years and a few prior to coming here, I thought I would recap what I personally have done in the name of Liberty so that maybe others can garner ideas to make their own mark in this constant battle with those who wish to take away our Freedom's.
1. Set out to write a Christian/Political book called "Fed Up!" in 2006 where I yell at Christians for acting the way they do (I'm a Christian) and of course criticize Congress, the media, the Left and the Right, but do it in a way that linguistically wins the reader over into the Liberty point of view.
2. Joined the Daily Paul - 105 articles and just over 1,000 comments. 2007
3. Created a blog called "Fed Up" where my first post was "The Ron Paul rEVOLution, Super Tuesday and “The Message!” 2008
4. Realized what the media was doing to Ron Paul, trying to associate him with conspiracy, racism and isolationism as much as they could. 2008
5. Realized that if I were to try and get a message to the People that were Liberty oriented, I had to stay away from any connections to those labels.
6. Wrote my first book, an interim one, called "Buy Gold and Silver Safely" to teach people about the right type of gold to buy and subliminally supported Ron Paul with critique of the Fed and Ron Paul's "Audit the Fed" attempts, while supporting his message as good for the Left and Right, concluding with this sentence; "Of course there will still be pain when someone like Ron Paul gets elected, but the moves that need to be made now can only be accomplished by a representative of the People who cares about them, and not “insurers, bankers and securities firms.” This is why I get political in a gold and silver book. The pain is coming either way, and will be much worse because we let our politicians get away with always increasing the debt level to fund their beloved wars and spending programs. The debt clock has surpassed $13 trillion and shows time isn’t on our side." (On my DP anniversary of 7/1/2013 the Debt clock is fast approaching $17 trillion) 2010
7. To coincide with this book I started my own Precious Metals Company with the goal of getting as much gold and silver into people's hands at the best price. The subliminal goal was to push the price of gold and silver so high that it exposes the Fed's weakness and they are replaced because of failure. The subliminal message of the "Fed Up" book title was....Fed Up with the Fed. 2010
8. Changed the name of the Fed Up! book and blog to "We the Serfs" as Texas Governor Rick Perry stole the name of my book "Fed Up!" 2011
9. Donated to Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell, Antiwar.com, Michael Nystrom, and William Grigg, all whose writings and efforts I admire. 2008-2013
10. Presently writing a second interim book called "Illusions of Wealth," hopefully out within 2 months. Decided to get this book out to garner more readers for the main book, We the Serfs! now 7 years in the making/writing. I was told by an author at FreedomFest years back when I first met Ron Paul, to write a book that can "stand the test of time" rather than a best seller. That's why it is taking so long (ever try to write a book? haha). 2013
11. Will be doing more videos and even set up a green room. Videos are what most people will take the time to watch, versus reading. We have become a lazy America which is why it's so easy for our government to walk all over us. 2013
12. Hope to have the We the Serfs! ook out by Christmas or the beginning of next year to make a difference in America, in the name of Liberty, moving forward. 2013/2014
13. Writing a 4th book, a fictional conspiracy book called, The Last American Patriots, which has the subliminal message that says if you don't do what the first 3 books say to do, this is what's going to happen! I'm going to have fun writing that one! And for your conspiracy theorist out there, the fact I have "13" things I have done or am doing for Liberty is just a coincidence! 2014/2015
It's never too late to write, do videos, volunteer (plan on doing more of that in the future), to get the Liberty message out. Many do it here, but one of my goals is to get the message to the masses. I knew I had to have a foundation of a good message before taking on the government issues, media and the Fed. I went with what I knew in my first book, and the reviews on Amazon have been good (no fake one's just to get the 5 stars, ha). My suggestions for anyone contemplating writing, is to start with your own expertise and branch out from there. Carve a niche out and conquer that niche, then expand with your successes to other areas.
Good luck in this long hard fight to maintain what our great country was founded upon; Liberty!
Liberty: "The state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life."