Daily Paul PollsSubmitted by dabooda on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 00:08
This is a thread where anyone may create a poll for DP users -- and anyone may add new categories to a poll that has already been created.
Here's how it works:
UPDATE: ATTENTION MORONS: NO DOWNVOTING.(see point # 3 below) Downvotes invalidate the poll.
1. Post the question you wish to poll, as a comment on this thread.
2, "Reply" to your own question with the possible answers -- one possible answer per reply. For example:
a)Your first comment/Poll question: Do you like chocolate or vanilla ice cream better? (Submit as a new post)
b)(reply to your own comment): chocolate (submit)
c)(second reply to your first post): vanilla (submit).
3. To take the poll, users should upvote the answer they favor. NO DOWNVOTING of any answers is allowed, even if you positively hate the choice. This isn't an election where the outcome matters -- it's just a bunch of opinion polls. Your downvote would only invalidate the poll -- not the opinions people hold.
4. Anyone who believes another answer should be available can post it below the poll question, to add it to the poll. HOWEVER:
5. NO COMMENTS ALLOWED. If the subject of a poll interests you, make a new post of your own to discuss it; don't clutter up this poll page with comments, arguments, etc. This thread is for POLLS ONLY. If you see a comment -- downvote it to make it minimize.
6. In order to keep the polls visible, after you have voted, scroll all the way down to the very bottom of the thread, and post a "bump" down there. Until the moderators see fit to give this thread a "sticky" posting, this will be necessary to keep the polls among the "Active Forum Topics" where people will see them. Up-voting does not "bump" a post.