Lindsey Graham Challenger Lee Bright to Hangout with the Daily Paul TONIGHTSubmitted by Vots on Sat, 08/17/2013 - 21:28
Tonight, Friday the 23rd at 9 pm eastern, will be the Hangout. Check back here at 8:30 for the broadcast link to join the Hangout.
Subscribe to Lee Brights YouTube channel at the following link. You can view the Hangout there as well. The broadcast will be turned on at 8:30 pm eastern and will start at 9 pm eastern.
Bookmark this posting and set a reminder, because this Friday at 9 p.m. Eastern (8/23) people on the Daily Paul will have the chance to "hangout" with South Carolina candidate for U.S. Senate and challenger to Lindsey Graham...
Since Lee Bright announced his candidacy, he has emerged as the early front-runner because of a history in South Carolina politics backed by the principles of liberty and consistency.
In the past few days I've been talking to the Lee Bright camp to setup a Google+ Hangout with the Daily Paul community and others who are also interested in replacing Graham. They thought it was a great idea and have agreed to do it.
So at 8:30 p.m. Lee Bright will open the Hangout broadcast. At that time the broadcast will be public and a link to the broadcast will be produced. I'll update this article with the link at that time. It is my hope that the grassroots will share this news around and share the link of the broadcast around as well too (once it's available).
If one wishes to just view the Hangout broadcast, just click the link once it's provided. There will be a simultaneous, live YouTube broadcast as well: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa0NgSepZfdJZnZNVlU559Q
The hangout will be "town hall style". To participate, one must have an account with Google. When the broadcast is open, up to eight people at one time will be able to join the video feed with Lee Bright. Please have your microphone muted until Bright calls on you. After Bright answers your question, leave the video chat so somebody else can take your place.
Again, it is my hope that the grassroots will help me spread this news around, in order to get as many people to Hangout with Lee Bright.
(via his Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Bright)
- During Ron Paul's 2012 Presidential campaign, Bright endorsed Ron Paul for the South Carolina primary.
- In 2011, Bright introduced a bill to study whether South Carolina should make gold and silver coin legal tender in payment of debts...in the event of a major breakdown of the paper currency distributed by the Federal Reserve System.
- Bright is the author of the Constitutional Carry Act of 2013 which would allow citizens to carry firearms without a permit... Bright was one of six senators to oppose the bi-partisan "Boland Bill," a bill that would prevent the mentally ill from owning firearms.
- Bright was designated as one of four "taxpayer heroes in the Senate" by the South Carolina chapter of the Club for Growth for the legislative session of 2011-2012... The Club for Growth is a PAC that describes themselves as "fiscally conservative" and has been opposed by Republicans Haley Barbour and Karl Rove... He had the highest rating of the Palmetto Liberty PAC on its legislative scorecard, and was unanimously endorsed by The Republican Liberty Caucus of South Carolina.
- Bright won re-election to his South Carolina Senate seat in 2012, with 65% of the vote.
- He received a key endorsement in his 2012 re-election bid by Ron Paul. This is what Ron Paul had to say with his endorsement:
A few weeks ago, I wrote you to announce my formal endorsement of South Carolina State Senator Lee Bright.
As you may remember, back in January, Senator Bright endorsed my presidential run - and now the establishment is coming after him with guns blazing.
Now, with less than two weeks left until South Carolina's June 12 Republican Primary, the race is really heating up.
In fact, Lee Bright's opponent is even attacking him not only for endorsing and campaigning with me across South Carolina, but for introducing the South Carolina Sound Money Bill, as well!
So won't you please contribute as generously as you possibly can to Lee Bright's reelection campaign right away?
The truth is, in just one term in the State Senate, Lee Bright has established himself as a leader for the issues you and I hold dear, including:
** Sponsoring Constitutional Carry legislation, which would allow law-abiding gun owners in South Carolina to carry a firearm without having to beg the government for permission;
** Sponsoring South Carolina's State Sovereignty Bill to force the federal government to maintain its proper limits under the 10th Amendment;
** Standing up to his own party's leadership by filibustering the South Carolina State Budget in an attempt to derail spending increases.
If re-elected to the State Senate, Lee Bright will continue to fight for the founding principles of individual liberty, free markets, sound money, and constitutional government that you and I hold dear.
But as I told you, the establishment is gunning for Senator Bright.
And he needs the help of every Patriot possible to continue fighting for liberty in the State Legislature.
So please, join me in supporting Senator Lee Bright by making the most generous contribution you possibly can afford to his campaign.
Lou Dobbs interviews Lee Bright
Glenn Beck interviews Lee Bright