Logical Proof for Individual Liberty:Submitted by Absolute Rights on Thu, 09/05/2013 - 16:40
"SOME writers have so confounded society with government, as to leave little or no distinction between them; whereas they are not only different, but have different origins."
-Thomas Paine, Common Sense, 1776
The value of the individual: Irreplaceable, utterly unique, and sacred.
• Thought, inspiration and innovations come only to the individual.
• The individual is the only nexus by which hidden potential can be made real; by which the unmanifest is made manifest.
• Totally unique in one’s ability to take in, prioritize and process information, each individual is irreplaceable.
• The individual is responsible for his actions because it is the individual's will alone that animates him.
• The individual is able to evaluate how his behavior will effect his interests faster and with greater precision than any outside entity.
Society and its law: Do not initiate nonconsensual harm and defend against those who do.
• Groups are composed of individuals in communication with one another, each building upon one another’s individual attainments.
• Society is composed of individuals exchanging or combining one’s resources with another in order to fulfill each one’s desires.
• A voluntary society is one where every association and exchange occurs on a voluntary basis according to the will of the individuals involved.
• All behavior that does not directly and proximately harm another is naturally permitted by others in society.
• All behavior that does directly and proximately harm another may naturally be forbidden and defended against by others in society.
• The only moral use of nonconsensual harm is to defend against initiated nonconsensual harm.
• Once an individual is stolen from, killed, repressed or otherwise silenced, his contribution through exchange and charity is lost, and a precedent is set for other individuals to be likewise harmed.
• The most effective way for one’s affairs to be free of unwanted interference is for one’s affairs to remain private, because others cannot interfere in matters they are unaware of.
Therefore, rightful individual liberty is having the freedom to behave any way one wishes without interference from others so long as one does not initiate direct, proximate, and nonconsensual harm.
Government: The Apex Predator
While the individual has this critical importance, he is only one, making him easy prey for institutionalized robbers and slavers to steal his essence.
• Government is a distinct entity that achieves rule making/ military dominance over a society and can empower itself to initiate nonconsensual harm with legal impunity. It's composed of the legislature and the people it employs to impose it's will.
• Government empowers itself to initiate nonconsensual harm with legal impunity. This power is derived from brute force.
• Government empowers itself to take EVERYTHING from society, including one's life, and has no obligation to provide anything to society.
• Government has no obligation to obey the individual or even the whole of society, however the individual and society must obey government.
• Government is not exercising delegated authority when it initiates nonconsensual harm, because no individual in existence inherently possesses such authority.
• Governmental power is not derived from consent because any power derived from consent is extinguished when consent is withdrawn.
• Government confiscates property from unwilling individuals and is not obligated to provide any services in return.
• Government is not law, services, or infrastructure. Government is an entity that merely pays for these sevices with confiscated wealth in order to garner dependence, obedience, and loyalty.
• Governments compete and cooperate with each other for resources, and they consider societies to be resources.
• If government loses legal impunity to initiate nonconsensual harm, then it loses its power to govern, and ceases to be government.
Fascism/Corporatism/Socialism vs Free Individuals:
Governmental power is irresistible bait for those who crave economic dominance. They use governmental power to lay hands directly upon the individual, mandate how the individual may use one's property, dictate the terms of transactions, and grant privileges to those they prefer.
• Governments charter corporations and clothe them with limited liability protection (which is a degree of the government’s power to harm with impunity.)
• Governments mandate corporations consider profit the highest priority. Contrast with Individuals whom naturally and near instantly consider all consequences of their business actions and weigh them against profit.
• Governments argue the free market is too strict and therefor it must shield companies from loss and liability by subsidizing and legalizing degrees of harm so the economy can operate smoothly and innovations can be brought to society.
• A Free Society has the strictest regulations because all who initiate harm are fully liable to those they harm. And those who don't produce valued work product at a sustainable rate fail.
• Licensing and regulations are designed to increase the market share for those who comply by harming/criminalizing those who don't comply (both buyers and sellers).
• When a capitalist uses government power he ceases to be a capitalist and becomes either a fascist or a communist.
Natural rights are those actions one can engage in without needing the permission of another. I think this is what the OP is referring to as a right.
Legal rights are those actions one can engage in because a legislature granted permission.
Contract rights are those actions one can engage in because of a contract.
Free individuals do not have rulers with the power to micromanage their daily affairs. They have a judicial system each may use to settle disputes in an orderly and civilized manner and an infrastructure each may use to organize themselves into a defensive force against would be conquerors.
Each individual, has an interest in forever limiting the harm all organizations may cause. However the great majority clamor for government. It is this demand that sustains the occupation.
The most practical solution is to end the demand for governmental power by innovating and implementing alternative models that allow us to thrive. In this way we will obsolete this ancient system of tyranny and our brothers and sisters will turn towards individual liberty.
For Challenges, Critiques, Suggestions, or Brainstorming please write to AbsoluteRights@Gmail.com
"...the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately." Thomas Jefferson
When seeking to reform an oppressive legal system, an explanation to one's community is due. Each one of us find the following to be true:
• Initiating nonconsensual harm, no matter how well intentioned, is the primary source of human suffering.
• No Individual or group is inherently superior to another;
• No Individual, group, or government has the rightful authority to initiate direct, proximate, and nonconsensual harm. Such authority is derived from brute force, is illegitimate, and is hereby rejected;
• Each Individual’s sole inherent legal obligation is to not initiate direct, proximate, and nonconsensual harm;
• Each Individual is utterly unique, irreplaceable, and sacred; each individual is responsible for one's own success, failure, and harm because it is one's will alone that animates;
• Each Individual is endowed by Nature with independent thought, free will, and the inviolable right to be, do, and have in any of the infinite combinations one wishes to afford to one’s self without interference from any individual, group, or government, so long as one does not initiate direct, proximate, and nonconsensual harm;
• Each Individual may keep one's personal affairs private and free from government search or surveillance so as to be able to protect one's interests from unwanted interference.
• Tyrants and Villains don't give notice as to when and where they will harm peace loving people therefore, each Individual may be armed as one pleases, when one pleases, where one pleases to be able to defend against those individuals, groups, or governments who attempt to initiate direct, proximate, and nonconsensual harm;
• The only rightful uses of nonconsensual harm is to defend against those who initiate direct, proximate, and nonconsensual harm, or to restore victims of such harm by holding the initiator responsible; the rightful amount of defensive nonconsensual harm is the smallest degree necessary and practical to successfully defend or restore.
Holding these principles to be immutable, each of us commits to not initiating nonconsensual harm and to defending eachother from those who try.
Individual liberty requires subjugating your own prejudices so you can extend liberty to your fellow man every day by giving your each individual the freedom to be, who they want to be, without being punished.