Unions For People Who Distrust UnionsSubmitted by Velveeta Underground on Wed, 09/11/2013 - 16:49
Washington and politicians only respond to big money, special interest groups and angry mobs of voters.
I suggest we discuss forming new "special interest groups" (of sorts) which represent the real majority of Americans in a way that would cause politicians to respect and fear voters anew.
To start things off:
1) Union of Single American Households (USAH): Single Americans are now the majority of Americans. Single taxpaying, voting Americans are quite unhappy seeing their taxes stolen to pay for the children of others and for "social benefits" that pay no dividend to unmarrieds.
2) American Wage Sanity (AWS): This group would focus solely on the repeal of the Minimum Wage, a well-meaning but pernicious law that distorts the value of labor, services and goods and is harmful to American competitiveness.
3) The Anti-War Lobby: This coalition is designed to force politicians to seek diplomatic solutions first and foremost with regard to international conflicts, to NOT send American money to other countries which causes corruption and only advances the military-industrial complex.
4) Federation Against The Fed (FATF): Shut down the Fed and advance the cause of currency competition.
5) Taxpayers for IRS Freedom (TIRSF): You can probably guess the nature of this one.
6) Constitution First! (CF): This watchdog lobby would direct money and advertising to support candidates with a demonstrated record of pro-Constitution votes and would relentlessly hound dog and organize recall votes for representatives who have a clear anti-constitutional record of voting.
It's time for the SILENT MAJORITY to have representation in Washington!